*NO* Streets of Rage 'The Last Groove'

djpretzel

It has been up on VGMix for a while, I was pondering wether to submit it to OCR or not. Nothing completely outstanding, but what the hell, OCR still needs a larger collection of SoR material. The horn is intentionally cheesy, people have often complained about some of the lo-fi material i put in my mixes, I don't think they really 'get it', so to speak.

I sent you a private message a few weeks back regarding my new e-mail, but I suppose you never read it, so I might as well notify you about it here.

Please change it from geckoyamori@hotbrev.com to geckoyamori@sepwich.com

Cheers.

This is pretty groovy. You did a good job of mixing the two themes *it's level 8 and title themes*. That does give it a little more variance. I think the arrangement is a little too conservative though for a mixer of Gecko's level. At times this feels like an upgrade of the original instead of an arrangement. I would have liked to seen more variation in the actual structure and form.

My other issue is the ending sounds terrible, like one of those standard midis at vgmusic. It's unsatisfying and feels like you just gave up.

Borderline mix, and a bit underachieving in a few areas.

NO

I think this arrangement is pretty conservative in regards to the two themes Gray mentioned... I expect more than almost-upgrades from Gecko Yamori at this point. As far as the mix goes, the addition of (fake as hell) tremolo strings and the slides on the bass help the original groove, but that's just it; the original groove. I like how this sounds as much as everyone else, but I could just listen to the gyms instead. Ending seems to be tacked on without much effort.

I'm borderline on this; I'd like to see GY rearrange more than just cover.

NO

i like the drum programming here. most of the submissions we get that use an 808 kit reek of noobness. however when you process and sequence those hits to be tight and bright, it's the kind of electroclash thing i love. also add in use of reverse kicks and differents hits during the chorus. nice touch.

however after listening to the originals, i'm in agreement with gray & coma. there's not as much rearranging as one would hope... no significant interpetation here.

no