Metroid - Item Room ReMix

phantasia

Hey... Nice to know you are interested in remixing.

It has a lot of nice atmosphere actually... Kind of meanders too much though. You are getting a cool soundscape in there, but the meat of the mix is basically not there. Gotta concentrate on making the song sound more cohesive.

Cool things done with the Super Metroid fx though!

Hope you continue working on music, good luck! :J

Great first mix. You have an obvious talent for soundscapes.

Very solid mixing (sound quality) too. All those plonky sounds just work in the context.

I can easily picture this in a soundtrack, but as Mono said there's not enough meat/development in there for OCRemix standards (in case you're planning to get this posted).

I can't really tell you what to do with it as it already works on its own. You could keep developing it and see if it evolves into something with a more coherent song structure. Or not.

meandering is my favorite style haha - so long as it has some form of hook to it ;) which this does :<

Might not be OCR-postable any time soon, but I dig this track nonetheless.

Oh btw, there might be too much game sampling in this, i.e. too many SFX from the game to allow it to be accepted.

Anyways, just remember to save a back up before you edit anything, cuz the original thing is real good - no sense in screwing it up and being forced to go back to square one ;)

Here's the item room from Super Metroid, it's either that or Metroid, and the tune's basically the same: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6rh92CJkXo

If you wanna here the item room theme from various games, go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_titytkJ80

You can tell how most games use a remixed version of the original theme.

I really like this remix, it's nice and ambient, and definitely creepy. I do agree with everyone else though, there's not enough meat here to be an OCR mix, but for a first mix, it's really damn good. Keep it up, and I'm sure you'll get a mix on here.

Or rather: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo-71ueVNV8. That's the theme I remixed. If i got some Super Metroid Item Room in there that's just a bonus xD.

Then yeah, that would be from the original Metroid. Like I said, most Item Room themes are remixes, with Super Metroid's being the closest one to Metroid.

Also, Stemage's Metroid Metal rocks! I would definitely listen to the whole thing.

thx ninjabob333 for those kind words, I will keep it up! :)

Glad to hear it!