Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

Yeah, you have to submit them separately unless they are in the initial post flood.

I just need a clarification for this ancient message. How da hell people get to know which songs are gonna be in the flood? Isn't it determined by Djp like after the eval or something? I mean if one finishes his song a year before the album is finished, why wouldn't he submit it right away, even though there might be a chance that it's included in the flood, in which case why would he submit it separately, but how could he know that? wtf going on

I just need a clarification for this ancient message. How da hell people get to know which songs are gonna be in the flood? Isn't it determined by Djp like after the eval or something? I mean if one finishes his song a year before the album is finished, why wouldn't he submit it right away, even though there might be a chance that it's included in the flood, in which case why would he submit it separately, but how could he know that? wtf going on

I haven't decided on the flood tracks yet. Once I have a list, Larry and DJP usually check them to make sure they're easy passes, and might insist on getting them voted on quickly by the panel if there's something awry.

Bottom line is that if you wanted it on main OCR, you should have submitted it straight away (like you did). Assuming your track would be one of a handful of the 40+ is a bit risky I would have thought.

But if a song is submitted separately, does that rule out the possibility of it being part of the flood? If that's the case, what if all the substantial flood candidates have already been submitted before the eval?:D Like if I did a great song, I'd probably submit it right away, so what if everyone did the same? How does one know not to submit their songs separately?

I swear I ain't trolling here.

But if a song is submitted separately, does that rule out the possibility of it being part of the flood? If that's the case, what if all the substantial flood candidates have already been submitted before the eval?:D Like if I did a great song, I'd probably submit it right away, so what if everyone did the same? How does one know not to submit their songs separately?

I swear I ain't trolling here.

It wouldn't rule it out. It would just mean that if djp and larry don't like it well.. too bad it passed and I want it in the flood :P.

I'm still safe until that dungus Penjamin Piggs finishes overworld theme, and djp of course! Which is good because I've got to pretty much finish a commissioned job right now or hundreds of dollars will be lost, including a guy they're flying in to play a baby grand. so... sorry for the wait but I've got legit reason.

....so i was running around youtube...listening to various stuff.

When i found something...well. Lets just say it needs to be submitted for OCR at some point.

This is a problem because it has tainted this album for me. Because now one of the highlight songs (you are not alone.) Has...strong competition.

Note the date it was done...*shudder* Kate how the heck this has stayed off the OCRadar i have no clue. But you should have just remastered what you did and submitted this....It will not lesson my joy in hearing this album but JEEZE why must you set the bar up in the damned stratosphere!?

....so i was running around youtube...listening to various stuff.

When i found something...well. Lets just say it needs to be submitted for OCR at some point.

This is a problem because it has tainted this album for me. Because now one of the highlight songs (you are not alone.) Has...strong competition.

Note the date it was done...*shudder* Kate how the heck this has stayed off the OCRadar i have no clue. But you should have just remastered what you did and submitted this....It will not lesson my joy in hearing this album but JEEZE why must you set the bar up in the damned stratosphere!?

You're aware of her other

vocal covers, correct? :-P

Personally, I'm just thrilled as all heck that Fishy got Kate to do the songs she's done for the album.

i hope "setting the bar high" doesn't necessarily mean you need to do vocals to consider it really good. Don't get me wrong, I saw that video a looong time ago and i loved it, but I personally wouldn't mind having a different take on the piece. (Though i think the rock guitar versions are so abundant on youtube of your not alone that its been way overdone).

You do know that it is a vocal mix on this album also?

i hope "setting the bar high" doesn't necessarily mean you need to do vocals to consider it really good. Don't get me wrong, I saw that video a looong time ago and i loved it, but I personally wouldn't mind having a different take on the piece. (Though i think the rock guitar versions are so abundant on youtube of your not alone that its been way overdone).

Nope. But it was so appropriately nailed in general i still wonder why THAT wasn't submitted to OCR.