MAGFest 9: What dates do you want?

Nick The Newbie

I used to be an Expedia person, but I switched to Southwest thanks to Audio Fidelity. I downloaded a client called "Ding!" that he recommended and I looked everyday for deals. From August to November I browsed not just Ding!, but every other airline website possible that I was aware of and I never found a deal for 4 days. I think Bustatunes paid about $500 (I could be wrong) to fly as well so it's not like I'm making this up. =P Though if you guys could help me in the near future then that's different. That would be awesome.

Scytheful (on IRC) also traveled for $300 roundtrip - you have to be careful about searching for airline deals, because pricing can vary greatly, and if you buy too far ahead, you're actually paying more due to them pricing in predictive factors. I've heard in general the best time to buy plane tickets is 3 weeks in advance.

I used to be an Expedia person, but I switched to Southwest thanks to Audio Fidelity. I downloaded a client called "Ding!" that he recommended and I looked everyday for deals. From August to November I browsed not just Ding!, but every other airline website possible that I was aware of and I never found a deal for 4 days. I think Bustatunes paid about $500 (I could be wrong) to fly as well so it's not like I'm making this up. =P Though if you guys could help me in the near future then that's different. That would be awesome.

Clearly we should just start JaDEfest, the video game music convention hosted in Las Vegas (for us west coast people).

Clearly we should just start JaDEfest, the video game music convention hosted in Las Vegas (for us west coast people).

LOL Not name it JADEfest for sure Mr. Sacarasm. =P We already have a planned meet-up in August at our apartment. We're currently shopping for a 2 bedroom so it will be more comfy. Celebration is Jordan's and Stevo's birthday. Bahamut and Audio Fidelity want to fly in as well.

LOL Not name it JADEfest for sure Mr. Sacarasm. =P We already have a planned meet-up in August at our apartment. We're currently shopping for a 2 bedroom so it will be more comfy. Celebration is Jordan's and Stevo's birthday. Bahamut and Audio Fidelity want to fly in as well.

If I have the cash and it doesn't detract from my ability to go to MAGFest next year (as Vegas is much closer than Virginia), I'd like to be there.

Although, make sure to have buckets of water available to keep my Oregonian hide from drying out... :PI'm probably going to regret saying that... oh, well... :P

You should've went to the April Fools meetup back in April 1, 2006 in Baltimore then - Doug was throwing water balloons at everyone while we were walking back to his and Jill's place.

Reheally. A vvegas meetup in August, you say... Do you have the dates figured already? I'd like to see if I can fit that one in, I've never been to Vegas.

If you start a JaDEFest to cover the west, I'll start a BizFest to cover Canada (it's not THAT big...) Then we will have established a continental perimeter... they'd all be surrounded...mwahaha

Reheally. A vvegas meetup in August, you say... Do you have the dates figured already? I'd like to see if I can fit that one in, I've never been to Vegas.

If you start a JaDEFest to cover the west, I'll start a BizFest to cover Canada (it's not THAT big...) Then we will have established a continental perimeter... they'd all be surrounded...mwahaha

LOL Look at the dates between August 14th and August 19th. Those are their birthdays. Most of you should have those days off from school and if you request early, days off from work too.

and I love Canada. I wish I could visit again.

LOL Look at the dates between August 14th and August 19th. Those are their birthdays. Most of you should have those days off from school and if you request early, days off from work too.

and I love Canada. I wish I could visit again.

Dates now in phone.

Well i will gladly host yourself and Jordan and anyone else, though there are probably better locations than where I reside. Though we do have this!BeaverLodgeAB1.jpg

.....right.

That's me on the left.