Fun with .spc's!

Antonio Pizza

DKC 2 - Funky Kong - play only channels 1 and 8.

Chrono Trigger - Gonzales' theme - play only channels 1,2,and 6.

Turtles in Time - Sewerage - play only channels 1,2,and 4 at speed of 0.74

Street Fighter II Turbo - Blanka - play only channels 2,5,and 8 at pitch of -12.00 and speed of 0.50 (this could be "Jimmy's Theme" for when his mother first lost him).

Final Fantasy VI - Techno de Chocobo - play only channels 2,3,6, and 7.

etc., etc....

Okay, at first I thought this looked like a kind of weird thing to do, but then I tried it and lol'd.

"DKC 2 - Funky Kong - play only channels 1 and 8." - If DKC2 required loading screens, this would be absolutely perfect. Hell, I kind of want it as a cellphone ring now.

"Chrono Trigger - Gonzales' theme - play only channels 1,2,and 6." - Same as the above, really.

"Turtles in Time - Sewerage - play only channels 1,2,and 4 at speed of 0.74" - This would be great for a cutscene where the Turtles are all "I KNOW THIS SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE, BUT WE DO THE IMPOSSIBLE *fistbump*"

"Street Fighter II Turbo - Blanka - play only channels 2,5,and 8 at pitch of -12.00 and speed of 0.50 (this could be "Jimmy's Theme" for when his mother first lost him)." - Yeah, you pretty much nailed that description.

"Final Fantasy VI - Techno de Chocobo - play only channels 2,3,6, and 7." - Final Fantasy VI has CHOCOBO RACING?!

<3 .spc's.

Trying all this stuff now.

The only really cool thing I've found in messing around with them is in Fight Against An Armed Boss in smrpg, mute all but channel 4.

:D

It's like a sampled drum loop (it's also in SMRPG's "Yo'ster Isle" channel 3, except broken up here and there).

Same deal as DKC 2 Funky Kong channel 1.

You can tell because changing the tempo doesn't affect the channel except to mess up the timing of loop; but changing the pitch alters the pitch AND tempo.

How do they squeeze those into the a 65kb .spc? (<< rhetorical question. Attempts to actually explain technical details will profit me no understanding).

Find more ".spc drumloops"!

Any future remix of these two songs must contain a brief sample of those...samples.