*NO* Lufia 2 'Battlecry'

djpretzel

i submitted this Remix about 2-3 month ago and it doesnt seem to appear in ur judges forum. So i decided to check the ftp and all files on angelfire were gone... I´m sorry for this and uploaded it once more on the same Server.

i hope u will listen to it and give it a judge.

Apologize for troubles

keep up ur good work

ur listener AngelsDen

Desktop Themes, wallpapers, videos, games... ALL your Anime and Final Fantasy needs for FREE! Visit Anime Theme at http://www.animetheme.com

http://www.alpha-ii.com/snesmusic/spcsets/ed2.rsn - "Battle #1"

The EQing's actually not bad on this one. Violin lead is very unnaturally done and needs dynamics. Some of the notes of the organ-like keyboard are bad if you pay attention to that area; same with the synth guitar during the section it had in tandem with the choir vox. The percussion's too generic here as well and doesn't really have anything going on. The ending a little too abrupt as well. All of the instruments are flat and lack energy. This likely is a MIDI/SPC rip of "Battle #1,", though I'll leave a potential NO Override up to someone else (I iz n00b juj). In any case, this is a cover mix that just doesn't have it.

NO

Drums are too repetitive. It sounds like one of those freshman drummers you meet in high school that wants to start a band, but he only knows how to play one drum pattern. You've got one nice fill in the ending, but the entire mix is plagued by the same beat over and over again.

The violin lead is too thin and sounds stretched. You've gotta be careful when you use your samples; they don't always have the range that the instruments they're sampling do. General advice for everyone who might read this: Treat your violin samples like violin samples, not violins (this goes for any other instrument as well).

Also, the arrangement is lacking; not much deviation from the original, and quite repetitive. It's not overridable, but it's certainly lacking.

NO

• 2 weeks later...