djpretzel

Hey!

Hope you like this!

* Contact Info

o Remix name: Josh Winiberg

o Real name: Josh Winiberg

o contact@joshwiniberg.com

o http://www.joshwiniberg.com

o ID: I couldn't find this anywhere. Sorry. I was #17955 to register at the forums if that helps though.

* ReMix Info

o Name of game(s) ReMixed: FFVII

o Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: Fighting

o Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.: Composed during a bored school lesson after having listened to some FF Piano Collections songs. I decided to try and write on of my own, with a bit of an edge to it (I'm a big fan of Béla Barók. A cross between him and Uematsu blended together with my own compositional style in there is basically what I was aiming for.) After writing it I used the Roland Nice Piano SoundFont and used Sonar to add dynamics and tempo changes.

Any chance of getting an e-mail with the result, be it yes or no?

Thanks very much!

Josh

http://www.joshwiniberg.com

Wow, you definitely don't want to use Roland Piano for this. Try NS Piano or something. Way to bright here; sounds like some construction workers smashing a piano with hammers.

This sounds very mechanical too; as I mentioned when reviewing another piano piece, the human touch is crucial in solo piano productions. This piece lacks that human touch. There are portions where I feel like one person could not possible play this piece on a piano. Lots of smashing block chords everywhere; it's a bit irritating.

Work on humanization and organic...ness....yeah.

NO

Kevin Stephens' otherwise-nice FF4 piano medley "Four Fantasies" was rejected 9 months ago for essentially the same problems as this one. Sequenced piano pieces have relatively high standards at this site, since, if a mixer isn't using a real piano, it's really important that the production be humanized with reasonably natural dynamics/velocities. As I can see from the submission letter, the attempt was made, but you can hear that it wasn't sucessful.

I really enjoyed this though, Josh. If you dedicate time towards learning how to more effectively humanize this piece and others like it down the line, you'll only be that much more proficient at creating the sounds you want. The ReMixing forum here should have information that could help you out in those regards and/or you could post this in the Works: OC ReMixes forum and receive some feedback and advice via that route or even find people who'd be willing to assist you by humanizing this themselves or even playing the sheet music for you. Blak_Omen has gone that route and achieved a posted submission that way. The arrangement is already what we'd accept, so please consider resubmitting if/when you achieve a more natural sound.

NO (resubmit, please)