Mega Man 2 OCR Album Art

thechexican

So, in my vast amounts of free time due to unemployment, I decided I wanted to get OCR music in my library and on my iPod. Thing is, I'm a tad OCD when it comes to music files, so I'm starting to batch edit OCR remixes into albums. Track #'s by chronological addition to the site, cleaned up titles to eliminate redundancy, etc. So in the end, it looks like:

screenclip.png

Much better to my tastes, though sadly media libraries aren't really meant to handle compilations that span across time, so it just shows the year of the earliest song. Oh well.

ANYWHO, long story aside, thought I'd share my 5 second photoshop job that I made for the Mega Man 2 OCR compilation.

mm2lg.jpg

Very cool, this is exactly the kind of thing I would like to do at some point as well. I'm a nut for album art and have been thinking about what the best way to start organizing my numerous OCR tracks for a while now.

At the moment I have a generic OCR folder and seperate folders for Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Metroid, and Super Metroid, and really could probably have a few more, it just isn't something I've looked at recently.

Very cool, this is exactly the kind of thing I would like to do at some point as well. I'm a nut for album art and have been thinking about what the best way to start organizing my numerous OCR tracks for a while now.

At the moment I have a generic OCR folder and seperate folders for Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Metroid, and Super Metroid, and really could probably have a few more, it just isn't something I've looked at recently.

Right on. Hope it's something you can use if you ever get around to it. I'm doing Mega Man games right now, since I've been binging on the 9 & 10 OSTs and arrangement albums. Definitely not looking forward to having to organize the massive Final Fantasy OCR remixes into an album format, though...

Perhaps this thread should be renamed to OCReMix Organizing Strategies or something. I know tons of people have their own way of organizing them, here's mine (i use itunes)

All OCReMixes get OCRemix logo for album art

OCReMix albums get their respective album art

Any OCReMix I like that is fast, upbeat, loud, energetic; gets 5 stars

Any OCReMix I like that is slower, quieter, more ambient, etc; gets 4 stars

Any OCReMix that I feel is just okay or is a classic gets 3 stars

Anything I don't like at all gets 1 star

I keep a few smart playlists set up that allow me to listen to what I want:

OCR 5 star

OCR 4 star

OCR plus (3,4,5 star tracks)

OCR New (added within the last month)

OCR Unplayed (Any OCRemix with a play count of zero)

OCR Unrated (no rating applied yet)

OC ReMix (All OCReMix /Album tracks)

I almost always have one of these playlists on shuffle. I like this system a lot, because I can easily rate songs as I listen to them on my ipod, and then they automatically fall into place every time I sync up.

It works pretty well for me.

All I do is rename the tracks with their names and the game they're from. Such as Subterranean Kamikaze (TMNT IV), Metamorphic Rock (Sonic 1), The Accursed Seal (Castlevania II), and so on. I keep album track names intact.

And yes, I used Sixto's tracks for my examples. Shut up. :P

I do the same with tracks from DoD and other sites.

I've just been using this

2098358.jpg

I don't know I like things generic sometimes :P

I would imagine that the soon-to-be coming official OCR embedded album art will look like that. I'll definitely be applying whatever they come up with to all my downloads whenever it's done!