*NO* Pac-Man 'Pac-Man Redux'

djpretzel

Hello. I was looking through your remixes, and I noticed that you had only three Pacman remixes. I had done one a while ago, and thought it was different enough to submit.

I wanted to make something that had the same spirit as the game. Pacman, to me, is a pretty absurd concept. I decided that the remix should be serious, but play off of that absurdity a bit; hence the sound effects and clips from the game.

It is called "PacmanRedux", and I hope you like it. Just thought I'd contribute to the OCR community for once.

-MasterWalnut

Wasn't really feeling some of the bubblier stuff at 1:46 (especially since the flute didn't sound good) with the percussion you had. It didn't really work well in tandem. And I realize that the quick shot of strings at 2:01 wasn't supposed to sound real, but it was still pretty bad. But that's just the small stuff.

Came across as kind of scattershot, but the ideas here were changing enough where I wasn't just bored. Enough people have used the in-game sound effects as beats & interludes that it's become kind of a cliche idea, but ultimately I liked how Walnut used them. By 2:10 though, this was kind of treading water on the development side. Though it was cluttered, I'm not sure why there weren't any fuller areas like 2:45-2:57 earlier in the mix. There's lots of stuff going on here, but it's actually pretty bland once I've listened to this 15 times.

Can't really put my finger on what this needs, but I just don't see this as being over the line. Someone's gonna be able to articulate that better than I can. I could see this possibly getting some YESs. Lots of effort here. Enough that I wouldn't mind hearing this resubmitted.

NO

Interesting concept, but this ultimately comes off sounding pretty empty. Its just melody, bass, and percussion. I could have done with some more serious development rather than just a soundeffects mix.

Scattershot is the word; this mix is all over the place too. Little in the way of cohesion.

As stated, more of a novelty than a remix. Creative, but NO.

This mix is everywhere and yet nowhere. I like 'hecticness' but this mix doesn't feel like it is standing on solid ground. Not much here other than 2 panned drumloops and a couple of bleeps here and there. Needs more textures (to make it sound fuller), and more creativity for the mix to achieve it's purpose.

NO