My userid: 13125

Remix location:

Name of game(s) ReMixed: Dreamweb

Game system: PC

Original Composer: Matt Seldon

MODs of original themes available at:

http://exotica.fix.no/tunes/unexotica/games/Dreamweb.html

My comments:

All but a few people would really remember this game (probably buried in the bargain bin of your local gaming outlet), and for those who do, I made this remix.

Wow. I'd give this a YES for the rain alone. I want rain so much in this state.

WHOA ressonance. Mastering is really off. The mid low tones are ressonating together and causing this huge floody drone. It destroys whatever this song is trying to be. Ok, you can use a mod wheel.

Everything gets awkward at 1:35 with the splashy drums. Now the instrumentation is hidden completely except for the huge ressonating drone that wont go away.

Hmm, things really cleared up at 2:14, but this song is so problematic already that it can't possibly be helped.

Hey!! Bladerunner!

That movie rules.

NO

Thanks for providing the originals! :D

Nice rain! To bad that annoying deep droning comes in and numbs my mind. The percussion is also way too crazy; there's no balance here. Remember what Mr. Miyagi said in Karate Kid:

pat.jpg

Lesson of balance not just for karate, lesson for whole life.

You need to find a balance between your sounds. Everything just comes off as overwhelming, especially when you've got an incessant drone with off-the-wall percussion. The melody is drowned out. :(

Apart from that, a bit repetitive; voice clips work though, so kudos for that.

NO

Not bad. I've already checked this out maybe 15 times and I actually liked it, but this could use more work. Once 1:35, the drums are cool, definitely, but the lead is obscured by them and the sounds smoosh together. Pretty damn cool overall, just hook it up with the production, especially so that droning sound is a little less pronounced. It needs to accentuate the music, not dominate over the top of it. Reanalyze the various levels and I'd be down with a resubmission.

NO

I really enjoyed what this could have been.

The pads frequencies are clashing together and that droning just continues throughout the whole mix, obscuring the lead instrument and the impact of the drums. If the pads were an octave higher and mixed more in the background perhaps the other sounds in the mix would be brought forward. Voice samples were used well.

Please re-submit.

NO