*NO* Final Fantasy 'Lisière de l'eau'

djpretzel

it's got some interesting things going for it, but mainly the arrangement doesnt go anywhere, the strings riff those 4 bars thru most of the song. the lead instruments all fall short, the live string thing is played without strength and is out of tune. other instruments could use some quantization.

NO

Too bad about this one too, because there is tons of potential here. The intro was excellent, and I liked the choice of instruments for it a hell of a lot. Strings needed to be tightened up, without a doubt. The horns from 1:45-2:04 were both flimsy-sounding and sloppy, and then things just got so ridiculously out of sync from 2:04-2:31 that even a complete non-remixer n00b like me was screaming "QUANTIZE DAMMIT!" This one definitely didn't have any real movement and that abrupt ending at 3:04 was just not what the song needed to close out with. There were lots of promising sounds and I often heard good countermelodic activity, but try to explore more ideas for the song to move somewhere while also tightening up the timing issues.

Redevelop. Refine. Resubmit.

NO