-_- About Me -_-

Artist Name: Dj Riott

E-Mail: david_dude_22@hotmail.com

User ID: 9677

-_- Song Info -_-

Game: Metroid 2: Return of Samus

Track: Main Tunnel Theme

Comments: Metroid 2: Return of Samus does not have much coverage. Its track

- Main Tunnel Theme - is what i have chosen to remix.

My song has upbeat sections, and some eerie, flowing sections also. I was attempting to convey what you experience while playing the game; The Thrill of Adventure, The Joy in Exploration, and also, the Spooky Feeling of the Search for Metroids on an Alien Planet. Enjoy :)

DarkeSword Edit: The mixer wants it to be known that the 3 is not a part of the title of this mix.

i think there's not enough going on arrangmenet-wise. there are some poor note choices made in the bass and harmony parts. every once in a while there is something cool going on like at 3:00 and 4:00 but these points are too few and far between. there is too much time when it just sounds bare. Melody+drums+weak bass does not good techno make.

NO

http://www.zophar.net/gbs/metroid2.zip - GBS Track 3

I actually thought everything was pretty solid. Some of the samples could be better, but even for more of a cover arrangement I thought this was really good. I dunno why Vig thought it sounded bare. I was disappointed that the interesting turns this mix took were just from the GBS, but I thought the instrumentation was good and the sounds generally worked well together. Enough changes were present throughout where there was notable development, and a lot of stuff was added here. One particular thing: the layering of melodies from 2:49 to 3:03 didn't click at all.

I had to listen to both the source material and the submission a lot to compare the two, and this is actually a fairly similar situation to the vote we had on CT "Rhodes to the Past". However, I think there's a lot more going on with this one than Fatty Acid's mix, IMO. I don't see how Vig could YES "Rhodes" and then NO this one.

YES

I don't think there's anything particularly glaringly-bad about this remix. It's got a nice sound and a nice texture. I didn't catch many of the off notes, etc. Everything seems pretty solid to me.

It's close to the original, but there's still arrrangement there, and I think that there's a great texture going on. All of the sounds really mesh together well, and there's balance and separation between the elements of the mix.

Not the most amazing piece of work, but I think it's over the bar.

I enjoyed this.

YES

• 4 weeks later...

This is a close one for me. Almost a tale of two mixes, half of it sounds pretty interesting, and half of it sounds messy and lacking for me. Without the drumwork I thought a lot of it sounded too sparse and thin. I also felt the synth was kind of annoying after a while. Too brittle sounding. But that's a personal taste comment.

On the positive side, there's a lot of neat work here and more sophisticated effects processing than you'll find in your average mix. I did like the drum and percussion work.

Another main issue here is for this kind of genre I was waiting for either a section of high energy or catchy hook areas. Neither appeared for me. I also feel this was an overly long mix that tended to drag on.

More interesting sections near the end, but the combination of sparse composition and lack of driving sections make this a NO from me.

• 2 weeks later...