The Genesis Gets Steam Powered...

The Coop

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?price=0,5

I remember reading about this not long ago, but it seemed kind of odd for Steam to start offering up Genesis games. I know the VC does a decent bit of business, but I never pictured Steam getting in on the classic console market. Seems I was wrong.

The prices thus far range from $2.99 to $4.99, which isn't a bad start really. The VC charges more, so at least Steam and Sega are on the right track with pricing. They also put up a decent selection. How successful this'll end up being is anyone's guess, but I hope this isn't something that's tried and barely ever updated with new content after its initial launch. Not that it matters, I have all of the games on that list, but still...

Leaves me with two questions...

- I wonder how the emulation is?

- What kind of emulator did they use/create to require 50MB of space?

I was thinking of a Genesis Torpedo from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, powered by steam.

But in relation to the actual topic...I wonder if they have game controller compatibility because I have this Genesis USB controller collecting dust...

Nuts. Not much of a selection right now; I got all excited for meh. I mean those are some good titles, but I want stuff I don't already have (via the PS2 collection): I want Gunstar Heroes, Lightening Force (TF4), Dragon's Fury, and so on. If they start offering those, I'll be giddy.

Suppose I'll have to track this now!

I was expecting a steam powered genesis device.

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01796/

And sorry, the cranes are strictly pneumatic.