What new album dissapointed you?

Not really an album per se, but I found Eurovision 2010 to be REALLY inferior to last year, in Moscow.

Really? I though it was decent. I actually thought it would be a lot worse than last years, but it surprised me. Last year's comp was so good, that I didn't expect this years to not suck. It wasn't on the same level, but it was pretty decent. Romania this year was fantastic. And a lot of the good songs didn't get through the semi-finals...

Wish I agreed with you with the Pain of Salvation release. Personally, I rank it the lowest album they've released, it has nothing but bland guitar work. The styles doesn't go beyond what's been heard before. And the vocal parts doesn't quite cut it. It has some nice parts, but overall, really disappointing.

I could almost mention any tune from their previous album(s) and it beats the new album to pieces. Like Flame to the moth, hell, just the intro is better than the whole album LOL!!

BUT I have to say the track ''Sisters'' blew me away, AMAZING song, instant classic.

Agreed about Sisters, but I liked the album a ton after how disappointing I thought Scarsick and the Linoleum EP were. :-P It's 70s rock, you can't expect it to be the most fresh thing evar!

hang on.

Favorite threads are a no no, but un-favorite threads are a-ok?

Probably will cause the same offense or worse than favorite threads if you ask me :P

That said, no new albums so far that have disappointed me but I tend to look at more vintage stuff music wise ;)

I keep saying this but nobody listens to me

So long as we're being civil about them, there really shouldn't be a problem. djp, Darke, and Baha are already in the thread, so I guarantee it will be locked and forgotten if it gets out of hand.

But in the end, it's only really an issue if you make it one. We're having a mature discussion, there's no need to panic over it.

I just recently listened to Calvin Harris' most recent second album Ready for the Weekend and was totally disappointed. His first album had STYLE and was really unique. There were a lot of insanely catchy, funky tracks on there - that's why I was so ready for the new one. But the new album is totally different - it sounds like he completely sold out, and it's all really generic stuff that sounds like everything else.

Oh, man that sucks. I listened to some 30 second snippets and was figuring as much... but I was really hoping I was wrong. Too bad. I Created Disco is one of my favorite albums from the last few years.

I loved Triumph or Agony, hehe... I gotta be honest, the CDs released by bands I like have well exceeded my expectations. They involve but aren't limited to:

Pain of Salvation - Road Salt

Avantasia - The Wicked Symphony

Ihsahn - After

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy

Wuthering Heights - Salt

As for the new Rhapsody of Fire.. I've only really listened to the first few songs, but I liked them. I haven't done a proper full listen yet.

I too enjoy Triumph and Agony...

and Wuthering Heights has a new album?

edit: Wadda ya know, they do. :D Good stuff.