*NO* Final Fantasy 10 'Devoid of Original Sin'

djpretzel

ReMix title: Devoid of Original Sin

Game: Final Fantasy X

Original Track: Original Sin, A Fleeting Dream

ReMixer: _Raijin_

Band Name: Sapphire Storms (www.mortaltragedy.tk)

E-mail: raijin_spark@yahoo.co.uk

Alt E-mail: dethraven2020@hotmail.com

Ok, not a lot of heavy guitar in these remixes so here's a change of pace from all them orchestrated and acoustic pieces. This track was ReMixed from the Final Battle Theme of FFX - named Original Sin. first time I heard this track I went "yes, I HAVE to remix that" and started messin about with my guitar, killin my amp with some riff.

The OST version is itself a mix of various tracks used in the game which I in turn have re-recorded and remixed on my own instruments, nothing taken directly from the OST. I sliced 'n' diced with the arrangement, added in some of A Fleeting Dream to the song aswell, works nicely, imo. The Battle Theme is one of my favourite recurring tracks of the FF series and playing it on the electric guitar it's one of the most fun tracks ever. Anyway, this track reflects my style of writing and it's the first ReMix I've tried my hand at properly. Hopefully the first of many more.

Great work with the site, here's hoping its still around in the days when PS2 and X-box are for the retro gamers only.

Cheers

Kris

Definitely some nice guitar playing, but the whole thing is too loud; so much that it clips at times, especially in the opening. Everything seems to be tracked/recorded way too loud here. Piano sounds very detached from the rest of the mix too; as if it were added as an afterthought.

There are nice ideas here, but I think the execution needs work. I strongly urge you to work on production issues and resubmit.

NO

Yea.. quality issues.

My main problems include:

Weak percussion. Its just not doing much.

Weak sound quality on the guitar.

Weak mastering. volume levels on the guitar are messy. Sometimes too loud, sometimes too quiet.

There are clipping issues.

There are sync issues. At times the guitar/piano/percussion does not seem to be in sync.

Some parts like 3:25 have no defined key. Just a lead.

I like the idea. Well thought out, poorly executed. Basically you need some more experience at sound quality to get a song like this right. A project like this is no little thing.

NO

Good idea, bad execution. Production needs a huge overhaul so that this sounds nothing like what I'm listening to. Potential's there, but you need to tighten everything up and you'd obviously need someone else to produce this for you. The rearrangement doesn't deserve to get so easily rejected, but what else can I say other than that it sounds like a total mess?

NO

this mix sounds crunchy as hell. the noise is just so dense. there's really no flow to it at all. it will play one melody once then jump straight to another without transition. none of the instruments sound "good", and some of them are quite out of place, namely the vox. the piano is also particularly dry. lots of sound/recording/mastering quality issues with this.

NO

Oh yeah, one more thing: the melodies have little or nothing to do with the droning 1/8th note guitar chugging that never stops or changes. ugly.