*NO* Final Fantasy 9 'Imminent Love'

djpretzel

Hi, this is my first time submitting to OCR, please inform me if anything is missing or not in the right format. Thank you!

link to the file:

Contact Info

ReMixer name: Taoao

email address: tadyang@yahoo.com

ReMix Info

Name of game(s) ReMixed: Final Fantasy 9

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: Where Love Doesn't Reach

Additional information: Piano Version Remix

Comments: It's my first attempt outside of my small circle of friends and the 2nd remixing ever done.

Please share with me any feedbacks or comments for this piece. Everything was done on Adobe Audition 1.5 and a wave recorder. Hope to hear some good news ^-^

Piano is SO nice. Should have just kept it a solo piano piece! When the percussion comes in it sounds really off. There's something iffy going on with the timing. Things get a bit messy around 2:20. Too much going on! I think they're strings? They're a bit indiscernable. They meld too much with the piano.

The flute is a bit mechanical too.

End is kind of iffy too. It sort of just tapers off without any kind of vamp or conclusion.

You seem to have talent; you just need to bring your ideas together in a more cohesive way. You said you used Adobe Audition? Try a sequencer like CakeWalk, where you can time things better. It may be more beneficial than a wave mixer.

NO, but I urge you to work on this and resubmit. Perhaps nix everything except the piano and seashore sounds.

Piano is indeed nice. Percussion is off sync slightly. Enough to be annoying. Sounds to me like percussion was recorded live (keyboard) and not quantized.

Furthermore:

Very odd strings later on. Some strings off key, some out of sync.

Build is there but the resolve is awkward. Just could have been done better.

I like the idea, but the problems must be addressed.

NO

Indeed, tighten this sloppy stuff up or go solo piano. Messy support the whole way through. The sudden transition into how the strings wound down near the finish at 2:31 was also a big "WTF?" GC/BE. I wouldn't mind a resubmit as well, but I don't have much faith in how it would turn out given how haphazardly this was assembled. Nevertheless Tao, keep at it bro.

NO

The piano work is the strong point of this mix. Other than the whole mix feels very disjointed, especially when the drums come in. That snare dominates everything and drowns the piano. Ever hear of subtlety? :wink: It would work better if you placed it behind the piano.

Lighter and softer drumwork is definitely required for this kind of mix. The ending works for me.

I like the mood of this piece. It is better than decent, but needs a lot more work and polish. Keep at it.

NO.