*NO* Space Station Silicon Valley 'Penguin Mech's Song'

djpretzel

Hey!

This is an orchestral remix of the song from some snow levels from the N64 game Space Station Silicon Valley. Nobody really seemed to appreciate the game, much less its soundtrack, so I’m forcing my appreciation of it on you with this remix. Made with Fruity Loops and SoundFonts. Here’s the info:

Artist: ShaoTimer

Email: shaotimer@hotmail.com

Composer: Stuart Ross

Game: Space Station Silicon Valley

System: Nintendo 64

The url:

Thanks!

It's a bit dry and unseparated sounding. Everything sounds like its gone through the same FX channel; the master one...with no reverb at all.

All of your instruments sound very unnatural and mechanical. When you produce 'orchestral' music, you have to make it sound believable. Pay attention to individual velocities of the instruments.

As I've said before, don't treat the sample like the instrument it represents; treat it as an instrument in and of itself. A flute and a flute sample are DIFFERENT; they have different qualities, different ranges. Know your samples.

Not a bad arrangement, but it's lacking the execution side.

NO

It's a bit dry and unseparated sounding. Everything sounds like its gone through the same FX channel; the master one...with no reverb at all.

All of your instruments sound very unnatural and mechanical. When you produce 'orchestral' music, you have to make it sound believable. Pay attention to individual velocities of the instruments.

As I've said before, don't treat the sample like the instrument it represents; treat it as an instrument in and of itself. A flute and a flute sample are DIFFERENT; they have different qualities, different ranges. Know your samples.

Not a bad arrangement, but it's lacking the execution side.

Hate to sound lazy, but there you go, because it bears reading again. Dry, sounds unnatural, and the encoding flat-out sucks. 160kbps? Should have just brought this down to 48kbps if it was just gonna end up sounding like this.

NO

Sounds better on speakers than headphones, thats for sure. Sound quality lacks. The biggest issue this song has is that its a simple instrumental loop that loops like 4 times. Very little ever changes; mostly the instruments change, thats about it. You will really have to go for some real remix/variation attributes here.

NO