*NO* Chrono Trigger 'Omen of the Prophet'

djpretzel

Got another submission for you to look at.

Contact info:

ReMixer name: Darangen

Email address: Darangen@hotmail.com

ReMix info:

Name of game ReMixed: Chrono Trigger

Name of songs ReMixed: Magus' Theme / Ocean Palace

Composer: Yasunori Mitsuda

Comments: I've always been fascinated by Magus' theme. But it wasn't until recently that I figured out that the Ocean Palace theme and Magus' theme blend together really well at parts. I was just playing CT while listening the the OST, I was in the ocean palace and the ost was playing Magus' theme, it was then that I realized what a good ReMix this could make. Since Magus was disguising himself as the Prophet to Zeal and the Ocean Palace later rises to the sky renamed as the Black Omen, I figured "Omen of the Prophet" would make a suitable name.

---------

Thank you for your time, and I hope you enjoy this ReMix and choose to make it a release here at OC ReMix :)

- Michael 'Darangen' Boyd

First off it sounds like the guitar is recorded poorly; I wish it was clearer. The clearer percussion and bassline make up for it a bit.

Things get too sloppy in the latter half though. The high screechy sounds up top layered over the melody layered of the solo just sounds so crowded it's hard to make sense of anything.

That ending is weak as hell too.

This song lays down the basic groove, but doesn't really develop from its beginning. It goes through the motions.

You've got a nice groove; I'd like to see a more cohesive, variating arrangement though. As it stands, I think this is too short and lacks development. Nice start; let's hear some more.

NO

DS has got it down. The guitar recording could sound sharper, you need some more separation in the sounds when other elements drop in, and things have to get interesting via variation/development in the composition.

By 1:31 of the 2:35 track (when you went into the second iteration of the main melody), I was wondering when the variation is coming and I realized it wasn't. Some additions happened of course (particularly for the last verse), but there was still basically no development. The percussion was also fairly unenergetic, and that doesn't enhance the guitar work here at all. Try to add some more personal style and creativity to everything once you lay down your basic gameplan.

NO

Agreed with both prior decisions. Lack of variation, sound quality could be much improved, percussion conventional and uninspired. Nice way to rearrange the black omen melody rock style. Good ideas here.

Song needs to be twice as long, incorporate some real progression, up the sound quality, and do more interesting things with the drums,

NO

• 2 weeks later...