*NO* Kirby's Avalanche & Kirby's Dream Land 3 'Kirby's Wave'

djpretzel

Remixer Name: GK

Contact Info: Email-- Tekkaxe@juno.com AIM-- BadgerNova OCRName--Tekkaxe

Name of Game(s) Remixed: Kirby's Avalanche, Kirby's Dreamland 3

Comments: Hey, its GK a second time. I got my last one rejected. I dunno, i'm weird in that i wont leave Kirby alone until i finally get it right, so hopefully, this is it. Oh yeah, thanks to all the Judges for the feedback on the previous song, and an advance thanks on the feedback for this one. C'mon and groove, citizens o' OCR.

</craziness>

The synths are generally flat-sounding and obscured by your beatwork and bassline at times. I would have liked to heard some more variation with the cymbal as opposed to its role as a quarter-note beatkeeper. By around the 2:30 mark, I also was wondering where the change in the groove would come. Almost on cue at 2:41, we get a decent change-up, though the same problems exist where the beatwork and bassline are too dominant over your other sound choices. The move over to this second half was also pretty abrupt with no real transition made aside from the lead synth elements dropping out and the key changing (2:34-2:41). The last 15 seconds where the keyboard and generic cymbal shot closed the track didn't help at all, so find a more creative resolution that's a more comfortable fit with the style of the track instead of switching instruments in non sequitur fashion.

The mix is actually really catchy (hopefully isn't just the source material verbatim, but DarkeSword would be the best judge of that), but there needs to be some more creativity and variation presented here once you lay down the groove. Take a look at your bassline and percussion and explore some unique pattern ideas, and thought out transitions. Meanwhile make sure your various synth levels are balanced where they need to be; the melody and even the countermelody shouldn't be rivaled so much by the beatwork. Samples could use attention as well as suggestions via the ReMixing & WIP forums, since the flat delivery for your various melodies distracted me from noticing the average development here until I took that closer look. Keep at it, bro!

NO

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very boderline on this one. I would give the mix a no before 2.42, everything after that seemed to flow a lot better. The bassline seems somewhat overpowering in this mix, although the effect is not so evident after 2.42, because of the quicker note changes.

I would say work on your instrument levels - as it stands it takes some hard listening to get into the depths of this mix. Needs a little more variation in th first half as well. This is almost there.

NO

This remix reminds me of the early days of ocr. Original + very very loud drumloops and overbearing bass. I dont have my spcs working right now for this perticular game so I wont make any rip calls. Frankly, I don't need to. The mastering on this remix is very bad. At the very least it will have to be fixed. Lower the bass, do something with the drums, polish it up.

NO

No balance on the sounds! Bass is overbearing, and things blend together way too much. That lead is detuned boredom in audio form. Some nice percussion stuff WAY later down the line, but it starts repeating itself, which kills the charm.

The whole thing just has a very amateur sound. The percussion for the most part is the same tinny hat sound cutting through the whole mix. Gets annoying after a while.

Pay attention to the balance of your instruements. I don't know what to listen to. :|

NO