Userid:

Name of game(s) arranged:

Mega Man 3 / Rock Man 3

Name of individual song(s) arranged:

Snakeman Stage

Link to the original soundtrack:

Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Considered DPing this, but it's fun to send new submitters through the ringer, and there are some improvements that could be made. The arrangement is really playful and detailed, the jazzyiness fits like a glove, and the soloing suits the track. This hangs on the conservative side, but with spiced-up chords, new string flourishes, and an original intro and bridge, this more than holds its own. There is some repetition of sections and that was the weakest point for me, but with the level of detail involved it wasn't an issue. Finally, some mixing things: I would have toned down the piano, opened up some more space for soloing, and maybe not pushed the volume so hard, it sounds like there is a slight loss of quality because of that. But none of that prevents this from being a solid pass in my book. Awesome work.

YES

I don't care about the level of detail involved. The cut-and-paste structure was a total dealbreaker, e.g. the same exact chorus at :52, 1:37, 2:22 & 3:07. It got old, it really needs further variations to justify the length. It wouldn't even have to be melodically, but with the supporting writing. I love the instrumentation, which was very personalized, but the relatively conservative interpretation paired with the repetition is a no-go. oov, your work is good, this just needs some further development to make it a complete product.

NO (resubmit)

I'm going to have to side with Larry on this. The style and detail in the writing are fantastic, but the repetition of the sections really brings the mix down. With the amount of detail that went into everything else, I was pretty disappointed that the mix turned into a copy-paste. There is so much potential here!

Right now everything is going full force, aside from one very small section in the middle. I'd love to hear a bit more in terms of dynamics, and even some more change of instrumentation (probably mostly in dropping instruments out and bringing them back in) to add variety and keep things more interesting.

If there had been new details added to those repeats instead of just a cut and paste, this could be really, really good. I want to see this one again. NO (resubmit)

I agree with everyone, Conservative arrangement, but a lot of really well done personalization, and a ton of copy-paste. I really enjoy the mix, but I feel that even though it's close to going either way, that I need to side with the mean judges. I'd love to hear an extended solo in here, or some more varied sections, as it's clear you have the skills to really make this work.

No, please resubmit