*NO* Final Fantasy Adventure 'Truth of the Universe'

djpretzel

Again I'm sorry for the ID tags, VGmix is the only place I have for hosting this.

Remixer Name: NoWave

Email Address: nowavecollege@hotmail.com

Game Remixed: Final Fantasy Adventure

Name of Individual Song: Boss Battle A

Comments: This mix was begun because I realised I was becoming out of the habit, I hadn't done much of anything since my last submission.

I found this theme while randomly going through www.vgmusic.com and decided this will do.

Now, some of the interesting technical aspects of the mix.

This mix was made for nothing. The only element in it that cost anything was FLStudio. The rest of the substance here is freely available on the internet.

The lead synth is one called "GalactiX" which I found on Kvr-Vst. The backing strings (which are effected so much they sound like brass) are squidfonts put through a effect to make them sound as though they were being played on a vinyl player from the thirty's and then flanged. The beat is a distorted, pitch shifted and cut up version of the "DrillNB" loop that comes with FLStudio. The voice is Steven Hawkings which has been pitch shifted down three octaves and delayed.

He says the following.

"I think everyone wants to know where we came from and how the universe began. Cosmos can help us find answers to these questions. Hopefully, when we understand how the universe began it will give us a clue as to why it began the way it did or even why it began at all."

Enjoy!

Yeah, I remember NoWave throwing this my way a little while ago, and I told him I wasn't feeling this one at all. Ironically enough, Big Giant Circles came out with his own mix of the same source material, so I'm more familiar with it now.

The opening synth (:03-:16) is so shrill, the lead synth for the melody is absolutely grating (starting at :16), and the reverbed support strings (also :16) don't particularly work well either.

The Stephen Hawking voice sample at 2:29 is so obscured that you're not able to understand it at all. Transposing the melody up a few steps at 2:56 wasn't particularly dynamic in terms of development. You could hear some brief new ideas going on with the synth work (3:30-3:44), but there's such a distinct lack of clarity with the lead that you can't really tell what was going on anyway.

Too much reliance on addition and subtraction of elements to create development. The note pattern of the support strings was always the same, the breatbeaks were always the same. Then we retread the beginning at 4:25 moving towards the end. The structural formula here is just all wrong for an aspiring ReMix, and the sounds don't function well separately or in tandem. Back to the drawing board, bro.

NO