*NO* One Must Fall 2097 'Echoes of a Spotlight'

djpretzel

Hey DJP and crew,

I got a request from someone to do a remix of the 5th One Must Fall track (Menu theme), so I decided to give it a shot.(It's been a while, huh?)

Luckily it's style is close to our own favorite style (pretty much acid or trance/techno), so it wasn't very hard to remix a fantastic track as the original.

We really like the way it turned out, but that's up to you guys to decide!

For the record, we (the two dudes at previously named (Section III Studios)) changed our name into Digital Element (Shortened for mixes as 'Digi-E').

It just sounds alot cooler. ;D

Here's the track info + link.

Track Name: Echoes of a Spotlight.

Game Track: One Must Fall 2097 - Menu Theme.

Track Link:

I'm thinking, if the quality of this song is up to OCR standards once more, I might start remixing the entire OMF track, seeing there's alot of love for the One Must Fall series from us over here. ;D

But we'll see in due time. For now, enjoy the track!

I don't know if you guys will like the hectic ending in the song, but over in Holland it's pretty cool. But if it bothers you, we can always trim it down and re-submit.

Can't wait to hear from you!

- the Digital Element team.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Really shouldn't loop that much for such a short length. Quality is alright, but the song got on my nerves very quickly, especially with those vocal clips.

Percussion is very week. Kick+cymbal, hat, and a snare.

Meh, pretty borderline

NO because its just damned annoying to me and yet I know thats exactly how its supposed to sound. Nevertheless it needs more innovation rather than a large number of trite, typical speeddance progressions all layered on each other.

the piano that makes a brief appearance should be louder.

Okay, so this is a good pop song...skating rink techno. but then again, would "blue" make it on OCR if it were a remix? idunno. lots of bad notes in that song.

regardless, the song is nice, the sounds are good, the production is solid, but there is absolutely NO development whatsoever. the song is 2:30 long, 2:00 of which sounds exactly the same. it's just too superficial and underdeveloped for me

NO

Hate the very generic sound of the lead, but that doesn't affect my vote. I agree that the piano used from :49-1:25 is terribly obscured and needs to be brought up.

Things just get cluttered at 1:49 when y'all brought in both that electrosynth and some shrill string instrument as support, so I'm not enjoying how crowded everything became. 2:13 only got much worse as some downright distorted/clippy bass thumps were added at the very end and absolutely cruded this up for the finish.

Sloppy mixing execution in the attempt to create a very full sound. Scale the volume back so that y'all aren't topping out every frequency towards the end, insert some more variation in the ideas to keep things fresh if you want to keep the track at a mere 2:39 (which is fine), and I believe the ending cuts out abruptly, but it may just be my download. But yeah, this isn't gonna be your sophomore ReMix, bros.

Keep working on it, please. You snagged two votes with Prot on the borderline as well, so a resubmission addressing several issues would make it with little problem.

NO (resubmit)

This is tricky, I was going to initially YES this, but on one hand I feel there's too many mixing issues here. Most importantly it's very cluttered, I think you need to go back and work on the volume levels. But on the other hand a lot of loud music of this nature has that same problem. For the genre this mix is intending to be, I think in general it's spot on. The ending section is extremely abrupt and almost just stops. Work on this section.

Even though I'm not really into this kind of music it's a guilty pleasure as analoq stated. I found it very enjoyable but enough issues are here to warrant resubmission. Please work on it a little more and resubmit.

Borderline NO. Fix the two main issues here and it's a YES from me.