Liontamer

ReMix Name: Qwaetl

Email: legendofzelda@live.nl

User ID: 33814

Game: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Song: Gerudo Valley

--------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/usf/lozusf.rar - 68 "Gerudo Valley"

The soundscape got pretty cramped at 1:02. The samples weren't bad, I'm just not hearing much more than a sound upgrade with a constant drum beat behind it. Arrangement-wise, there wasn't much interpretation of the source tune. When you did try to do your own thing with the string writing at 3:23, the sequencing sounded a bit rigid as well as WAY too shrill.

Not bad as far a cover-ish sound upgrade, but it needs more interpretation going on to make it here.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Larry's always right: what you have here is a nice sound upgrade from the original, but there is little in the way of interpretation of the source, which is one of our main criteria for the site. I do like your approach at 3:23, but I will agree the sounds are a little shrill, and the playing sounds very mechanical. I would suggest hitting up the WIP forums on the message board after you've worked on some more arrangement aspects to get some feedback there.

NO

I don't think it's that great of a sound upgrade. The soundscape gets pretty crowded, and there is absolutely WAY too much reverb on those drums. You're also getting some weird cutoff on your ride cymbal.

Arrangement is way too close the original, and doesn't really do much besides go through the motions. There's no bassline to speak of (if there is, I think it's getting lost in the reverb), and your percussion is extremely repetitive.

This needs a lot of work. You need to sit down, really get to know the source material, and bring a fresh approach. Learn to use your samples effectively as well; they seem to be applied as an afterthought, as your sequencing sounds mechanical. Remember, you're not just composing music, you're creating a performance.

Good luck.

NO