Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

Support Abadoss's Officially Branded Official OCR Server! :

72.51.46.225:31065 (Click for info page)

clanpay-banner-blue.gif

PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=N8MTT67WSETHS

ClanPay: https://secure.multiplay.co.uk/clanpay/contribute?clanid=T1RGbVkySTNPR009Yjc4YzQ=

OCR Minecraft thread

For access to the first server, either make a post in this thread (remembering to supply your Minecraft username) to request whitelist privileges or PM Abadoss if you wish to keep your Minecraft handle private.

OverClocked After Dark server:

Dynmap

IRC!: #ocrminecraft

OCR's Minecraft Social Group

Texture Packs and GUI icons:

Painterly Pack

EldPack

Doku's RPG pack

Linecraft

Block Man Dash

Hozz's 32x32 Item Sprites

Majora's Mask Moon

Zelda stuffs

The Orichalon's modified Steampunk Pack

ShortStuf7's Clean Design Pack

Edited by Gollgagh

Assuming I haven't missed it, I believe the world generator could use a little bit of work, i.e. giving more control over the variables used when "randomly" generating the world. Don't want any hills, 0% chance of a hill showing up, trees, fuck trees, sand, who doesn't love sand, nothing but sand etc.

Whoa whoa whoa, slow your roll there, champ. Where did I claim that was mine? My stuff is waaaaay less awesome. I was just showing (what is probably) my favorite Minecraft picture!

I'm currently trying to make a small village in a snow valley right now, but a lot of trees are dying for the log cabins.

Edited by The Dennis

I'm proud of my first attempt at sprite art!

screenshot2010082917511.png

Hopefully they'll put colored cloth in survival soon so I can do this stuff in singleplayer! Then I'll be able to start taking requests!

Not bad at all. I'm planning to make a Minish cap Dark Link on my server soon. I'll post pics once I've got it done.

I haven't played much outside of Survival mode, that's the first time I messed with any other modes since it has colored cloth. Is there a way to make your own password-protected server or something? I would love to make a bunch of sprites without worrying about griefers coming in and messing everything up.

If you go to multiplayer classic, at the very top of the server list there's a link for the server software. It's pretty straight forward to set up overall, and if you do it right you'll be able to access you're own personal server. I don't know about password protection or if it lists the server when active publicly. I haven't bought the game yet (I plan to though). What I do know is that I've spent a couple of hours working on stuff and never had anyone else log in, so I'm guessing it's private until you make it otherwise.

If you go to multiplayer classic, at the very top of the server list there's a link for the server software.

Thanks for the tip! Thanks to you I wasn't afraid to commit myself to a little more involved sprite! So,

Here's one more I did before bed!

screenshot2010083002153.png

Here's the side-by-side comparison:

ultros.png

(Anyone notice my desktop image? Eh? eh?)

• 3 weeks later...