Star Fox Music Question

XZero

I have a question about something that's been bothering me for over 10 years now and I really want an answer.

Nintendo Power used to have its "Power Supplies Catalogue" every now and then, and in the mid-90s through early 2000s, they had soundtrack CDs available. Most of us would probably remember that (Super Mario 64, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, etc.). One of the CDs they had was called "Nintendo 64 Original Soundtrack Greatest Hits." There's no copyright date on it, but it has music from Killer Instinct: Gold, Wave Race, Blast Corps, Super Mario 64, and, pertinent to my question, Star Fox 64.

There are 2 tracks attributed to Star Fox 64: 7. Corneria, and 8. Black Hole. They're remixes of the SNES versions of the same songs with (presumably) real guitars, and they're both awesome. But they were not used in Star Fox 64 at all. Does anyone have any information on these two tracks, like what they are and why Nintendo attributed them to Star Fox 64?

Interesting. No clue, but I'm curious to know the answer as well.

It's a safe bet that the answer lies somewhere between the timeframe (Starfox 2 for the SNES getting canned, but screenshots still released) and locational differences.

For Example:

Mother and Mother 2 had official album releases which were of the NES/SNES + real instruments variety and I'm pretty confident they never saw official sales outside of Japan. All you need is a few other artistic choices or locational differences (considering how many changes WERE made to the mother series upon crossing borders) and I could see another weird conspiracy like this one springing up with Mother.

Many official or semi-official albums of this nature have been released with partial knowledge of the source game, maybe they were planning to use remixes of these themes in Star Fox 64 but just plum forgot. :P