*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'IceCappin''

djpretzel

Email sub file IceCappin'.mp3 - djp

My Name is DJ Brazzy P (real name Brandon Parker). I made a remix to Sonic 3's Ice Cap Zone (Level 5) Entitled "IceCappin'". I know this is a popular remix, but I'm confident that my remix brings a lot to the table. I don't have my own website, or a website to put my song on, so I'm sending it as an email attachment. If you need to reach me, my primary email is BPeezyScreeneezy@aol.com.

http://www.zophar.net/gym/SK+SONIC3.RAR - Icecap Zone 1

IceCap's not worth 5+ minutes. The percussion is exceedingly dry/thin. Some new ideas finally around the 2:15 mark, but everything here is weak, like 2:50-3:33 using these sparse as shit leads. Whatever panning tricks you were doing starting at 3:54 with those piecrcing sounds was almost unbearable. I hate you, djp. Not enough arrangement of the theme going on here anyway. Unsalvagable. I hope you readers are paying attention to some of these decisions. There's not gonna be much love for this batch.

NO

This really sounds like a GM soundset has been used here. The percussion is extremely weak, and the 404 sounding synth is way too loud, I swear it's causing clipping when it comes in. Lots of mixing and mastering issues in here.

2.33-2.43 Listening to the background piano, I swear I hear elements of Mcvaffe's improv. With all the filtering in the mix, I can see where your inspiration comes from.

2.50- Some weird dry harp/koto/something-stringy like sound comes in, the quality of this instrument is really quite bad.

Overall, I think you need to work on your mixing, this is quite painful on the ears, I dread to think what this must sound like through headphones.

NO