*NO* Mega Man X4 'Zero's Theme'

djpretzel

Well, I'm back again to try to submit a new remix.

This is Zero's theme from the game MegaMan X4.

The file is ready tagged to be a OC remix song... Well, i hope this songs pass since i havent posted anything new for a while.. Here is the Link:

- Dj MetaZero -

Last ned MSN Messenger gratis http://www.msn.no/computing/messenger - Den

korteste veien mellom deg og dine venner

eek. The arrangement here isn't terrible, though it's not a lot more than a simple cover, but the production is really poor. 128kbps encoding plus an extremely muddy sound over about 75% of the frequency spectrum is making for a cluttered, ugly sound. The individual synths themselves, which are more or less generic to begin with, sound even duller when mashed together with eachother and lots of messy reverb/delay/long release times. The percussive sounds are stock, too, but not bad - of course, when stuffed into the rest of the mix, they sound considerably worse. The vocals, especially the "go", aren't doing much for the mix either.

Simple arrangement that's overly repetitive, no variation in percussion or synths, no real structure, no ending, awful production/mastering, textbook dance/trance sounds.

NO. Definitely hit the Remixing forum to pick up some advice on how to do cleaner mastering, at least.

Another X4 Zero's Theme remix from DJ MetaZero. Wow man, you really like this song, don't you?

There's a pervasive SHHHHHHHHH sound throughout this ENTIRE piece. It's because there's just too much damn reverb. Now I'm a big fan of what those not in the know call "the trance," and I fully endorse reverberation, but there's just too damn much here to make the trance enjoyable at all. It's muddy and the vocals get drowned out by the big, bleeding synths. Some mastering would definitely help.

Arrangement is straightforward; not terrible, but it's in-your-face the whole time. Back off a bit around the middle.

NO

Development wasn't too bad; a little repetitive but good energy nonetheless. If the production wasn't so poorly done, it would be cool on an ear candy level. I don't really mind the reverb per se. There's certainly too much, so that's already been covered. Frankly though, there's not a bit of clean sound separation here. The "GO GO GOs" are a little cheesy, but again I don't mind them that much. However, the female lyrics that come in at 1:20 are practically inaudible.

Aside from making a full-sounding track, you have to be able to substantially distinguish the various layers of sound from one another. The fadeout ending was way too sudden and didn't work either. Dunno the source tune, so I'd have to check it out to gauge the level of rearrangement, but in any case, this needs a lot of production refinement.

NO

the mastering sticks out as what condemns this song. the lead's are too quiet, the vox are too quiet. not to mention out of tune. All i really hear thru the mix is the beehive saw. and even that isnt too clear. just too much mud. pay more attention to the instruments that need to be heard.

also, at the beginning, the arrangement shows promise, like it could become some great dramatic trance piece, but it just falls flat. there's no development, lots of repetition. The melody doesnt even play anywhere in the second half of the song.

NO