Contact Info

Your ReMixer name : Sho Geist

Your real name: David Horwitz

Your email address: sho@shogeist.com

Your website: www.shogeist.com

Your userid: 21081

ReMix Info

Name of game ReMixed : Valis II

Name of individual song ReMixed : Valis II Stage 1 (PC Engine CD-ROM Console Version) Rework or

PCEVIIS1 Rework

Additional information about game if it has not yet been added to the site, including composer, system, etc.; Valis II from Telenet Japan, PC Engine Version Link to the original soundtrack if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site; no soundtrack available that Im aware of, aside from the sound on the game.

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.; I love this tune and I finally found a MIDI file of it so I decided to spice/beef/kick it up a notch. Im pretty happy with the results too. Cheers!

Link to the track:

Regards,

David Horwitz

The first iteration is a sound upgrade. The second iteration feature some little modulating noise added. The third iteration features a lot more interesting effects here. I'll be encouraging and nice on this one though and forgo the NO Override, since you at did something notable for the last section. Post it to VGMix if you'd like, maybe someone will like it.

Thank you for providing us with this MIDI rip upgrade. We don't accept these. Since you don't seem to understand our submissions guidelines, feel free to read them sometime. (And yes, for you intrepid regular readers, I AM just copying & pasting my now stock NO Override vote.)

Submission Instructions & Standards]In terms of arrangement - how close or distant ReMixes should be to the original - the general rule is that the ReMix should be YOURS. We don't just mean that you were involved in its creation, but that it is different enough from the original so as to readily illustrate the contributions, modifications, and enhancements you have made. In other words, don't just take the original and drop a few drum loops on top. Also, don't simply take a MIDI file and assign new instruments to the parts, or add reverb, and expect that to pass as 'yours'. When we say 'ReMix', we actually mean something closer to 're-arrangement', if that helps clarify. If you listen to most of the pieces on the site and compare them to the originals, you should get an idea of what a ReMix is.

Like I said though, even though this is an upgrade for 2/3rds of the track, I'm being nice given the observed effort in handling the last section. If someone else feels like NO Overriding, please be my guest.

I also appreciate you saying about OCR "a lot of works on that site are wack." Wouldn't wanna add to the glut of those "wack works," now would we? Of course not.

NO

Nice percussion stuff, nicely processed synths. However there's not enough arrangement here. You said yourself that it's an upgrade; that's not what we're looking for HERE at OCR (this is not to say that OCR is the end-all-be-all of remix sites; we just have a very specific purpose in mind).

This is long and the first 2/3 is just the same thing over and over again ad infintum. The last third where you trick the song out is frickin' brilliant. It's like dirty mix on crack. Nice.

Unforunately the majority is too much of the same old same old. Move ideas around more and do something shorter.

NO (resubmit)