Green Hill Forever! (Sonic 20th Anniversary ReWork/Sonic & Amy Concept): A Emcee feat. Leah Dizon

A Emcee Muzik

Whats up everyone, this is my take on the classic Green Hill Zone stage from Sonic the Hedgehog (1991). This is also a concept theme for Sonic & Amy. It has a smooth jazzy J-pop flavor to it (like most of my music), yet I kept it somewhat simple and short (yet effective). I also tried to capture that peaceful & fun feeling this stage and game gave me when I first experienced it 20 years ago as a kid. I dont know what else to say about it...ill let the music & video explain the rest.

Enjoy!

- A Emcee Muzik.

thirding the issue with the high bell frequencies. I don't think that bell sample itself fits into the rest of the soundscape as well as it could, but it still works. the ending is a bit of a let-down too but otherwise, damn. this is really awesome! you should submit this (maybe tweak those bells first), it is definitely OCR-quality work imo. :D

Pretty solid. I actually don't have a problem with anything high pitched, or maybe I just missed it. My concern would be the groovy beat being a little too soft for my tastes. I personally prefer songs in this style to have a little umf in the bass line. Like Jem-They or Menusha& and the Girls - you boys can boogie too.

Everything is already there, it would just need to be less muted.

:nicework:

YES

I don't mind the bells. To me high pitched bells are almost like a trademark of sonic remixes. Specially on Youtube.

Yeah that's a terrible argument for keeping them, but I didn't think they were really grating. The ending should be fixed though, I don't like it at all. Also it's pretty short.

Dayum, man, you've produced some real sex on here. If the director of the Sonic project says it's freakin' awesome, then it really must be awesome. I think the bells (is that a sin/square with a hard attack?) could be mixed down so it doesn't stick out so much, but that's a really, really easy fix.

You need to have a real ending to this, bro - it sounds unfinished, there. If you finished it you could easily have a spot on the front page with this one.

I've listened to your mixes for months, so you know I pretty much enjoy your style. Your tracks have this shine and glisten to them and this one's no exception. I think the bells fit, personally, but they just need to be cut a bit on the high end. You made the vocals fit well, in a case where it's very easy to kill the track.

Are you going to finish the Chemical Plant Zone remix? The chord changes you made to give it a more uplifting feel are very good.