*NO* Dance Dance Revolution MAX 2 'Go Deeper'

djpretzel

Yo DJP and crew! Another mix from the bro's at DigiE. :D

Remixers: Digital Element (Or DigiE for short) [*Previously Section III Studios*]

Title of ReMix: "Go Deeper"

Original Song information:

"So Deep" by silvertear (perfect sphere mix), from DDRMAX: Dance Dance Revolution 6th Mix.

The game was made by Konami in 2001.

I dont have a link to the original, however I do have it on my harddisk somewhere.

I can upload it if any of you haven't heard/have the song.

Link To Mix:

Personally, we love this song so it was only natural we decided to remix it and try to bring it out to it's fullest Dance potential. I hope we pulled it off... :P Was made in FL Studio. It may start off a little slow, but trust me, it only gets better!

We tried our best to rid any repetivity out of the song with continuous new stuff and breaks, so I hope that you like that aspect of the song.

Enjoy!

Ergh, So Deep is one of the hardest songs on that game, so I'm very familiar with it. Unfortunately, this mix has a lot of problems, most of them being technical in nature. The sound is basically near-clipping the entire time, with unbelievable overcompression. Terribly muddy the whole way through, way too much reverb, etc. EVERYTHING, without exception is really cluttered and messy. Please go back and completely remaster/remix this. The actual sounds used aren't too bad - the percussion, while generic, sounds decent, and the synth patches are nice. However, the production values otherwise are just abysmal, and I can't pass it based on that.

The arrangement, in surprising contrast to the execution, is pretty good. So Deep is not a long song, but this mix managed to extend it without resorting to traditional dance/trance bridges every time. I like what was done in this department.

So, good arrangement, bad production. It could be worse; the other way around is usually much harder to fix. Check the remixing forum for some help on mastering.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

The arrangement here is good, keeps the listener interested, and sounds are good too.

But yes, the mastering here is pretty nasty. Sounds like you just added any old compression and then exported it. I would definitely say resubmit, just needs some work on the compression side of things, and lay a bit off the reverb.

The ending also didn't trail off, it was going to start the delays, but then just cut off at exactly 5 mins. Could have been the download though.

This is almost there, just needs a little tweaking.

NO

(Please resub)

Don't have the source tune on-hand, but since zirc vouched for being familiar with the source tune and the level of arrangement here, I'll certainly take that.

At first, I was kind of "Well, it's kind of loud. [pause] Don't see what's so wrong with anything." Then at :56-1:10 all of sudden you are WAY WAY up there. Then again I'm like "Well, that's only one short part of the mix." Then again from 1:39-2:05, we're way up there in the volume. Things stay way too loud all the way up to 2:32. 3:12-end/5:00 had the same HUGE volume. Way too loud for its own good.

Wow. Anyway, definitely work on what the others criticized with the production. Clean up the cluttered soundfield, and brings those levels down. Also gotta point out alongside Malc that the ending cut out abruptly, so don't forget to fix that too and have it fade out properly. Arrangement seems to be well done, but it can't be appreciated with the vast overcompression here.

NO (remaster/resubmit)