Spiral Knights

NeoForte

I played it for a while, but right now I prefer using my energy to craft things to sell...

I think I'll stop when I'll be able to defeat Vanaduke, but I'm waiting a full 5-star set before start trying. I need just a little more money to craft a 5-star shield and I'm done :D

well, they're testing a newer harder vanaduke now on the testing servers (as of yesterday). It already ended but seems like its harder a bit that I'm hearing. Some of the fire is being replaced with curse breath and whatnot. I kind of hope they still take a little while longer with testing this update...seems like I should hurry up and get my last few vana tokens just in case lol.

Heh, I haven't even attempted a Vanaduke run yet, so of course they're going to make it harder well before I do. I did manage to build on selling a lockbox to purchase a Leviathan Blade recipe, so I'm finally getting started on 5-star stuff. It'll probably take me forever to get my whole set there.

lol I've been around for awhile in this game, but I still haven't done vana "enough" because I simply never cared. I've had friends come play this game and go and beat him more times than I have XD I like the general exploration and other bosses more, plus FSC while worthwhile in crowns, takes so darn long to complete that I refuse a lot of invites because I know I don't have the time for it.

Hey guys, I'm putting up a 2000 crown bounty on Angelic Helm Recipe and a 5000 crown bounty on Seraphic Helm Recipe ^_____________^ I bought the 5 star recipe thinking I had those other two and nooooooooooope! Poke me on steam or email/friend me in game if/when :)

also, fuck whoever thought that it'd be cool to bind krogmo coin recipes. I seriously don't want to grind a minigame when I already have to force myself to make time to play with my group. Jalovec/Triglav, I may never know ye! :(

haha, yeah I kind of wish the recipes weren't autobound...so I could sell em :3 But I'm sure they made it that way cuz there was "that" crowd that wanted some sort of item that couldn't be obtained with ease.

however, because of the way the system works, its just easy to just play the games and get your items. Blast Network was a grind for me which is where I worked up probably 500 tokens for all of the base 3* weapons + electron bomb and vortex. But with lockdown I've just been playing for kicks. At this point I may start trying to see if I can get all the krogmo recipes and not even make the weapons. I think I only have 650 to go:-D

You so silly Negima <3

Stevo and I are still playing about once a day, to get our equipment leveled and all. I'm still having some trouble using bombs and I can't decide whether I wanna stick to slow sword + gun (like pulsar or blaster) or slow + reg/fast sword.

haha...(I'm a little serious, another 100 down with the jalovec recipe purchase >.>)

Slow swords aren't my thing I'm afraid. That Fang of Vog you saw me with is a glorified slow sword. I dunno maybe its a tiny bit faster than the slow swords but not by much. Unless you're planning on ASI trinkets, ASI UV, or the ASI Equipment (Vog Cub set). I'm not sure I'd bother. That's an opinion, and a very unpopular opinion since everyone else loves DA/GF.

Divine Avenger does have a use as an FSC glitching sword however...but let's not go there.

Now about bombs...what kind are you using? CTR is very important on bombs. Max is preferred but let's be realistic, as a normal player, you're not getting max too easy unless you've got good friends or good luck with getting a random UV. The easiest route is to go with bomber armor, the 5* stuff is the best but I'm going to assume you can't immediately jump into that. If you don't absolutely HAVE to have the armor you're using now, just go with bomber armor, helm and suit. It'll be low at the 4* or below level but combined that makes MEDIUM CTR on all bombs. And any bomb you level to level 10...with that bonus it will be Very High CTR. That's a pretty good start to bombing. If you can get a UV low on any bomb which may be cheap, then with that setup, you'll have ultra CTR.

Still with me? I'm not the best player so I'll stop soon I promise. I don't want to give bad advice >.>

I'm not sure what bombs you're after, but check out the bombing guide for more detailed information. Just be aware not all bombs have the same charge time or uses. Nitronome charges faster than Shivermist buster, but you're probably safer using SMB than Nitronome. Think about what you want to do, stop enemies, or hurt them, or something different?

I'm not a gunner, actually I hate guns a bit, but then they created the pulsar..its awesome to me, its like a gun bomb, technically it can be an annoyance in a party but eh you and 99 can deal with it I'm sure. I'd go for the shocking line of pulsars instead of the normal line, but you can choose either (or both). The reason I'm for the shocking one is that its good on undead and constructs, and neutral to fiend/slimes, + the shock effect. That's not half bad. It's only bad against beast/gremlins...which dodge a lot of gunshots anyway. But if you really want to use that gun on them, then choose the normal line. [this is not general gun advice so don't read into me putting down other guns]

You so silly Negima <3

Stevo and I are still playing about once a day, to get our equipment leveled and all. I'm still having some trouble using bombs and I can't decide whether I wanna stick to slow sword + gun (like pulsar or blaster) or slow + reg/fast sword.

Honestly if you're not sure what to stick with, just keep experimenting, you might find you like one or the other depending on the stratum, or you may find that one works better all the time and stick with that.

If you wanted my personal opinion (I doubt you do but here it is anyway). I would stick with sword+gun over sword+sword. I love swords, they're my fav weapon, but there are just some situations where I'd rather have the option to use a gun or a bomb. I'd also suggest getting a third weapon slot if you are able, then you can just run a heavy sword, a fast sword, and a gun! (or even experiment more with bombs, while still having other weapons you are more proficient with to fall back on). I'm not going to address heavy sword vs general sword, because I know too many people (myself included) who are only good with one style, and awful with the other.

Edited by cobaltstarfire

I don't have a 3rd slot but almost always run with Stevo. Lately he's been using Vile Striker + Pulsar(4* shock).I've been using my bomb more often with arenas and small places with many monsters but it's not always useful. I don't have problems with my sword swinging slowly, unless people push attacking mobs on me (momentum between the 2nd swing and shield up is a pain sometimes).

Currently using Khorovod + Master Blast bomb, but I also have Ascended Calibur, Strike Needle and Pulsar (3* non-elem, not crafted yet). I wear the Virulisk set and Heavy Plate shield, otherwise I still don't have the 4* recipes for my angelic set.

I can say this so happily

WE FINALLY BEAT THE JELLY KING.

Took two rez's on mine and val's part but gigawatt pulsar + vile striker turned out to be a really efficient combination.

Edit: also, we beat it while listening to the Braveheart soundtrack, and it dawned on me that a Spiral Knights playlist would be awesome. If you all have playlists you use while playing, I'd be interested in seeing what they are.

Edited by Level 99

well done lads! I was considering joining but I decided to let you guys go for it since I wasn't called (also playing at home my performance could be worse lol). Now get them sealed swords/antiguas! (might want to skip the antigua for awhile since you got pulsars)

I usually listen to the default playlist..though for some strange reason today I've been on random OCR album mood, no theme, just random. Went from Super Dodgeball to NiGHTS to The Answer lol.

D: But lockdown is fun, just takes some getting used to.

Blast network is sort of fun...in small increments, but if you farmed it like I did trying to get your items, it becomes a chore, I can just play Lockdown and have fun, and there's a fair amount of people who still randomly bribe which make getting coins even easier :D

not really meaning to bump but this is the only place I know to leave a message, sorry about passing on the invite to JK today, Level 99. I got caught up in some grudge matches in Lockdown. Some guy was convinced I should use swords, and I was convinced I wasn't (other than my minor stabs when I don't need a bomb). Sooo didn't win any of those matches, but the moment he left, I won the rest :/ (with my team of course)

pure eh...welll I'm not really a gunner...at all. But well you're definitely a force to be reckoned with against bombers. But well I have a feeling you don't find too many of those,so time to talk about swordsmen.

Well swordsmen are meant to kill gunners :/ so yeah...but that doesn't mean you're useless, it depends on how you play.

You definitely need some gun ASI whether its trinkets or armor or UV or whatever. Shadow alchemer (I dont know the name) tends to hurt a lot. Sentenza as well, all that lack of shadow damage is always awesome... Polaris is awesome for shock and annoyance. Striker doesn't specifically complement a gunner but at the same time it can be used for good getaways, you don't ever want to be in their face, you kind of want to hit and run. Recon and guardian will help if you need more health but you're not going to get away (except maybe as a recon)

eh..all 5* doesn't make you god. Don't worry about that. one of the top people from last week (though being in top doesnt always mean skill it just means you played in a lot of matches and won), Lanahell is in full Ash Tail, not sure about trinkets since he/she wasn't on full inspect today but still, that's an example, and his/her UVs weren't totally amazing either, elemental low. It just takes time.

Btw if you face me I'm easy to beat :D As a mostly bomber unless you step into one of my bombs then you probably won't be safe haha. I mainly use my 4* sword (Dark Thorn Blade) too since my leviathan is not so useful and I'm not the biggest fan of my DA (for emergencies only).

It's just making the most of what you have, and remember caps > kills. If you can't kill everyone, don't try, you don't win from having the most damage (it helps but doesn't win anything), you win for holding down those points.

"Plant yourself on the point, mister!" lol. Its hard to consistently do but try your best to do that.

I believe they might've went the wrong way with this but we'll see how it goes, however, it appears everything isn't just super awesome there as far as the ending rewards for armor is concerned.

Images of someone exploring. The end shows some of the armor stats.

http://kelgis.imgur.com/sanct

That snarbolax is better skolver though, but the pain you'd have to go through to get it along with the cost is just no for me. Plus I only wanted the demo suit which is a little less awesome than I'd hoped.

Still...today I'll be satisfied with Punkin hunting ^.^ The spookat mask is cool, gotta get authentic...