*NO* Flashback '2004'

djpretzel

http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/fls.rsn - Menu Screen (fls-03.spc)

Gave y'all the SNES version of the music. Not the PC stuff, but j00 love it, so shaddap.

Not much going on here. A respectable effort at beefing up the source tune with your own original additions to provide a more cinematic-type feel, but this was HUGELY underdeveloped. You had some decent ideas with the tense wind & percussion work that came in at :25, but by 1:00 it was gone and you left us with an repetitious, empty fade-out ending for the remainder of the 1:35. C'mon, bro.

Out of the new crop of mixers, I've only heard Binster, Shnabubula & Bladiator present remixes that hovered just over 2 minutes yet still presented enough variation, development and satisfying resolution to pass. This ain't it. You gotta be more, homeboy. Be more.

NO

Sounds like an 80s renegade cop movie scene where the one maverick police officer who got his badge taken away is walking through the alleys of the shiny wet city streets with the steam coming out of the sewers etc etc.

Evocative to say the least, however, why the heck does it end so early? Sounds like a short clip of what will eventually be a longer mix. 1:35 doesn't cut it, especially when its such a slow mellow song.

NO

I like the direction this is heading.. but as the other judges mentioned, nothing happens! Come on. It's definitely possible to take a simplistic source and have it go in a completely new direction, and it seems to me like you have a good idea of what you're doing in terms of instrumentation and production (though that phasing seems a little out of place). Just keep going with it. Provided you can create a cool structure and expanded arrangement with the same level of interpretation that you have in this version, I think this could be really cool.

NO