djpretzel

# Contact Info

* remixer name: Dead Pixel

* my email: deviancy@msn.com

* my personal page: http://dvnc.tripod.com/art

# ReMix Info

* Game: Doom 1

* Song: Intermission

* When I think of doom, I hum this song. And in wanting to make a good homage of sorts to the songs that were on the soundtrack I created this. The original doesn't have much to work with, its basically just a guitar line transposed with a mid-section to break it up. (it was an intermission song after all) but I loved the riff and wanted to expand upon it (a lot). Hope you enjoy dirty grungy sounding synths ^_^

Hah, the distorted synth bass sounds like World In My Eyes. The gritty synths are cool, but you've used a homogenous soundset of them, so the general timbre of the song sounds monotonous.

Actually, I'm having trouble making out the Intermission riff here. Is it here at all, or is this a wholly original song?

NO unless I'm wrong.

Too loud for it's own good. The high-end needs to be scaled down, and there needs to be better sound balance. The drumkit and distortion are so loud that the melody loses something in the process. But yeah, like Binnie says, I listened to the "Intermezzo" from Doom, and this sounds nothing like it.

Wouldn't make it on for those porduction reason, plus, though I hear change and development within the composition, the general groove gets monotonous. Sounds NOTHING LIKE THE SOURCE TUNE either.

NO

Way too loud man. Like Larry said, scale back the high end. I do like the soundscape and overall gritty texture, but it needs to be better mastered.

Arrangement is okay, but it does get kind of monotonus like Larry said. That ending section sounds like you're getting into something cool, like a tricky breakdown, but it just ends in a stupid, delayed fade out. Weak!

NO, but not a lost cause.