link to the remix

Contact Info

remixer name: GaMeBoX

Vaidude@hotmail.com

www.HighJumpingJack.tk

userid: 13108

ReMix Info

Megaman 2, Chrono Trigger

Ending theme(megaman2), Main theme(Chronotrigger)

NES, Manami Ietel, Ogeretsu Kun, Yuukichan's Papa, Capcom SNES, Nobuo Uematsu, Noriko Matsueda, Yasunori Mitsuda, Squaresoft

Comments on the mix:

The mix was made in fruity loops... I wip:ed it on both oc and vgmix and thanx to a lot of people pushing me further, it got way better than i first had hoped. The main enyoyment of this song i think becomes obvious if you have good headphones or a good sound system, there is a heavy beat and punch in the drums and base. The main thought of the song is that it evolves over time, getting pushed more and more to the edge/extreme, and then it gets over the top and slow down for a breather at the end... I have put a good amount of attention to detail in the background witch youll hopefully enyoy.

The song has been out on vgmix for a year and has gotten 10 reviews up till now.

Special thanx 2:

Zeiram - For sound FX track from Mega man 2

For helpful and informative comments on VGmix:

Rellik, GOD RUGAL, kwix, mv and Disco Dan

For helpful and informative comments on OC:

solid_blue_ico, white knight, Dash2110, Riddler Sensei, JimboLodisC, BlacknightEXE and ShiroSynth

Lättare att hitta drömresan med MSN Resor http://www.msn.se/resor/

First of all, the steady beat is getting on my nerves. Second of all, it looks like the only way Chrono Trigger is involved is with the little cameo ~3:00; not much of a medley, however, the melodic expansion of the ending theme is good. I like the buzzing harmony, but other than that, there's nothing left but the dull and tedious kick of the beat.

NO

I wish that beat would change up more often. It gets repetitive continuing like that throughout the song. :(

Chrono Trigger is totally extraneous here, although it's the highlight of the track, because that's the point where the percussion changes up and really interacts with the rest of the elements in the mix. Plus we get much stronger melodic elements at that point. Unfortunately it's so shortlived. I wish this was just a Chrono Trigger mix of that song.

Other than that, it's a nice groove based track, but I feel it really lacks energy, and the repetitive percussion is killing it; I would up the melodic parts and bring down the percussion, because right now the percussive elements overpower whatever melodic elements you have.

NO (rework/resub)

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/megaman2.zip - Track 22

http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/ct.rsn - "Chrono Trigger (part 2)" (ct-1-02b.spc)

I don't hate your constant beat, but it was definitely too repetitive. What the hell was goin' on with 1:19-1:53? The notes pattern was so odd here, I'm not sure what the funk you did. Ugh, you kept it as your background as the source melody returned at 1:53. Man, this just sounded bad. The beats were really obscuring everything else here in terms of the sounds, as well; that was a constant problem throughout the track.

Heh, there's the Chrono Trigger reference at 2:26, and DS was totally right, it WAS the highlight of the mix. Don't list this as a medley-type mix in the submission letter though with just a brief cameo reference to CT in there. Some new pattern arrived at 2:41, and it wasn't too bad, but again these note patterns sounded really rough.

The fact that you relied on the MM2 Ending theme as your melody really hurt the mix, as you didn't even play around with the source melody itself until 3:49, which was a welcome change of pace, but too little too late on experimenting with the actual source tune's composition.

Lots of raw potential, but needs a lot of work. The sounds were really cluttered, but had some good energy. Another change up at 4:23 and the notes sounded weird yet again. Is it just me hearing these problems?

The beats altered in an awkward, non sequitur way at 4:32 & 4:40, 4:49, etc leading towards the end. Really not sure what the hell the point was. Confusing choices here and a cop-out/fade-out ending. Needs work on sound balance, fixing awkward note patterns, and arrangement. Definitely move onto the next piece and call this one a day though.

NO

yeah... what? That beat gets really old, really fast. Combine that with very boring and generic synth textures and a lackluster arrangement, and it's not looking good. Try not to include themes from other games just because you can't think of any arrangement ideas either.. it's a bad habit. There's plenty of source material to work with in either one of these themes. The production is pretty clear until about 2:00 when things get messy, perhaps because of the timbre of the synths. After that, it's just lots of repetition.. boring.

NO