Sonic the Hedgehog OST - Green Hill Zone (Remix!)

Sweet God, my ears! Turn that sine wave down, please, it's very painful to listen to right now.

From what I heard (I had to skip around due to that sine wave - I can't physically listen to it), the mixing is a bit odd. There are little background noises that should remain in the background popping out more than the melody that bug me in particular, but the whole thing sounds very strange,

The whole mix sounds very, very high heavy. Please tone down the highs (especially the strings and, as mentioned before, the sine).

Fix the sine. I can give it a proper listen + critique after that, but I can't listen to this without risking my mixing ears, as it is :-|.

Sweet God, my ears! Turn that sine wave down, please, it's very painful to listen to right now.

Fix the sine. I can give it a proper listen + critique after that, but I can't listen to this without risking my mixing ears, as it is :-|.

Your warnings sure were enough but I still wasn't prepared for this. The synth is "dangerous" at this time. You're also right about background instruments being too loud.

Also, why start the lead from the first beat of the measure? Maybe change it back to 3rd beat to make more sense, but that's up to you.

Your warnings sure were enough but I still wasn't prepared for this. The synth is "dangerous" at this time. You're also right about background instruments being too loud.

Count me as another victim of underestimating how painful that synth might be. I don't know what scarred me more, the synth or the Sonic rape scene on the remixer's soundcloud profile.

Seriously though, please tone this stuff down, it's way loud and obnoxious right now.

Okay I changed the pic, messed with individual volume settings, automated the Fruity Maximus settings and changed the pitch. It's a new whistle and I by turning my speakers to 100% I changed the settings so my ears weren't bleeding as much. Unfortunately the whistle doesn't sound like the Crunk Whistle anymore (the Torvus Bog whistle.) Every youtube tutorial tells you to either use the 3x Osc, SimSynth whistle, or Sytrus Loon, all of which do not sound very good in my opinion.

http://soundcloud.com/erineclipse/green-hill-zone-remix-1