FL export skips some notes

This used to happen to me. What kind of system are you running?

compaq a few years old, vista 3 gb ram onboard sound card. installed asio 4 all. used basic settings on export, mp3, max bitrate, 32 bit depth, everything on left enabled but did not enable dithering. everything on right side disabled except delay compensation. used 6 point hermite since 512 would take all day. looping mode cut remainder.

compaq a few years old, vista 3 gb ram onboard sound card. installed asio 4 all. used basic settings on export, mp3, max bitrate, 32 bit depth, everything on left enabled but did not enable dithering. everything on right side disabled except delay compensation. used 6 point hermite since 512 would take all day. looping mode cut remainder.

Any particular reason you decided to go max bitrate but didn't decide to just export a wave file?

Also, your integrated sound card can't do 32bit wav (I don't think so, my external audio interface does 24). Set it to 16.

Also, is it a Compaq 515 by any chance? That's my current computer (building my own tomorrow) :3

Any particular reason you decided to go max bitrate but didn't decide to just export a wave file?

Also, your integrated sound card can't do 32bit wav (I don't think so, my external audio interface does 24). Set it to 16.

Also, is it a Compaq 515 by any chance? That's my current computer (building my own tomorrow) :3

its a Presario SR5500F. Wav files are bigger. I'll try 16 and see what happens.

EDIT: FL studio is fudgeware. I exported as 16 bit and at the end my speakers played a continous sine wave noise like my soundcard was broken (no not my onboard sound, my actual speakers.) I had to close FL for it to stop. Anyway I played the mp3 and there are notes that keep playing much after there duration has stopped. Fudgeware. (using fl 9 producer ed. xxl btw.)

EDIT 2: Tried it again and no errors this time. Also the drums are better now. Thanks :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind please that this very likely isn't a glitch with FL Studio, there's probably a reason for the problem. A few questions; Does it all play fine before the render? Which plugins are you using? Some plugins have their own individual polyphony limits, so try to check into that too.

this may be a dumb point, but i used to have this issue when using very large samples (like an orchestra worth of orchestral instruments with VST). i fixed it by moving the files around so that they were on different hard drives and one drive wasn't trying to load and play everything at once. it got to the point where the cellos were being rendered by themselves and i was still getting occasional dropouts.

it'd be fine when using playback, but it wouldn't work on render.

if you find a fix, i'd be interested.

• 1 year later...

Bumping because I'm having pretty much the same problem, and it's with the ultimate megadrive soundfont as well. Rather than the drums, parts of my pizzicato string channel are occasionally dropping out when I export, though it all plays fine before the render.

I went so far as to copy the contents of the piano roll into a new project file, loading only the pizz string sample with no effects. It got cut in the same places. One of the sections that gets dropped is virtually the same as a section that makes it through.

When trimmed so that the track starts right before one of the parts that usually get dropped, it comes through ok.

Also, the exporting process takes way longer than it should. When it finishes, FL becomes unusable and shows a bunch of CPU spikes until I close the project file.

Seems unlikely that a single sega genesis sample would be too intense for my computer.

Bumping because I'm having pretty much the same problem, and it's with the ultimate megadrive soundfont as well. Rather than the drums, parts of my pizzicato string channel are occasionally dropping out when I export, though it all plays fine before the render.

I went so far as to copy the contents of the piano roll into a new project file, loading only the pizz string sample with no effects. It got cut in the same places. One of the sections that gets dropped is virtually the same as a section that makes it through.

When trimmed so that the track starts right before one of the parts that usually get dropped, it comes through ok.

Also, the exporting process takes way longer than it should. When it finishes, FL becomes unusable and shows a bunch of CPU spikes until I close the project file.

Seems unlikely that a single sega genesis sample would be too intense for my computer.

Sounds like an issue with the soundfont's size or something. I get that "really long rendering" effect and the CPU spikes on certain soundfonts from Darkesword's website. The mixed soundfont (the one with the koto, shamisen, hammered dulcimer, shakuhachi, etc.), Orchestral Rhythm, and Squidfont Orchestral soundfonts do that to me.

I don't get the muted notes problem though. I think it could just be a polyphony problem. Maybe something right before the part that gets dropped has a waveform tail that maintains the voice for long enough to add to the polyphony, and that makes the instrument using the most voices drop out altogether.