Nyko Wii charge Station compatible with Wavebirds / GBAs (Save Some Money)

JackKieser

So, I wasn't sure whether I should post this or not, seeing as my threads have a history on this site, but I honestly can't find anything can be raged about here, so here we go.

As the title says, I just found out today that the Nyko Wii Charge Station battery packs are 100% compatible with GBAs and Wavebirds, no modding necessary. It turns out that Nintendo hasn't fundamentally changed their battery compartment molding design since... well, since the GBA. Honestly, they haven't changed the detailing of the compartments, either; go take a look, and even grooves and indentations smaller than a millimeter thick are preserved in the battery molding of the GBA, Wavebird, AND Wii remotes.

It's crazy. Crazy fortunate for us, since that means that you can go on Amazon and buy a 13$ charge station with 2 battery packs and power more than 3 generations of Nintendo devices.

Don't say I never did anything for you. ^_-

Video evidence included, of course:

That's really freaking cool. I don't use a GBA anymore since my GB Player is a viable substitute, but I do use the Wavebird whenever I want to use a real controller for the Wii (or for GCN games). Awesome! Great find!

So, I wasn't sure whether I should post this or not, seeing as my threads have a history on this site, but I honestly can't find anything can be raged about here, so here we go.

You only really have a history in certain threads, not the whole site in general. In fact, I;d go so far as to say that the majority of the threads you've posted in haven't been looked badly upon.

Crazy, I know, but it's true!

Where did you learn of this?

Oh, I figured the battery pack thing out myself. I was getting ready to transfer some Pokés between GBA versions through Pokémon Box, but I needed fresh batteries (or at least working batteries), so I just happened to have all three on my lap with the battery compartments open at the same time (GBA / Wavebird / Wii remote). I just happened to notice a little groove or indentation on part of the GBA compartment, and realized the exact same groove was on the Wii remote.

All I had to do was put two and two together. Once I realized what I was seeing, I did a really thorough comparison between all 3 compartments and saw that they all used the exact same design, even down to the metal contact springs. So, I ordered a Wii Charge Station (I needed it, anyway; I had been putting off getting a charge station for Wii for too long), and when it got here this morning, I tested it out and found out that my hunch was correct... so I posted.