(OTHER) BoundsBeyond~Beyond the Bounds Rmix

Rukunetsu

ZOE 2 was such a killer game

Sounds much better without the complete abortion that was the vocals from the original song. The vocals in Beyond The Bounds had a striking resemblence to that of an Orphanage burning. The screams of a hundred parentless children running from flames in short.

Now to stop with the morbid shit, I really like this here remix. It's got a mellow, calm vibe that I really enjoy. Drums sound really good. The thing that gets me though.........the strings. They just stop like someone pressing play and pause on a cassette tape. They come to a grinding halt that nearly bashes my head into the steering wheel. It needs an airbag. In English, It's real sharp and could be much smoother with some automated delay or maybe fade out in my opinion. Btw, the piano sounds nice!

It's also kinda short but that's no crime.

All in all, I liked it.

Much appreciated ACO - and do pardon the halting strings; A delay/reverb would've been a great idea for sure- that's what I get for being up so late making a beat haha. I'll definitely keep this in mind whenever I've an sample that ends this abruptly.

Thank you for the listen, and I'm glad that despite the flaws, you were able to enjoy this quick mix.

Happy to see some Zone of the Ender love here. ;)

The string-cut sounds more like an intentional decision, inherent to the particular sampling technique.

I'm familiar with hip-hop music so it didn't bother me, but I understand how it might appear jarring to some people.

Overall, the piece is very reminiscent of Nujabes's work on Samurai Champloo, which is also one of my fav anime.

You've preserved the melodic material with minor variations while dramatically altering the tempo and instrumentation.

The absence of Maki Kirioka's vocals isn't even an issue, but I'm sure you could find a clever way to sample them (like in your remix of Shiki no Uta).

Great listen. Keep it up. :-D