OCR02444 - *YES* Crystalis 'A Tale of the God Slayer' *RESUB*

Palpable

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, the shrill lead at 3:13-3:31 & 4:15-4:34 was annoying as hell. The mixing still wasn't great during some of the densest parts, but the parts were cleaner and distinguishable for the most part. The overall balance was a HUGE improvement, and I could actually listen to this nearly all the way without something needlessly attacking my ears or sounding like mud. That said, those shrill synths were annoying. At the end of the day, I can live with them, as much as I think they mess up the piece when they're in play.

The arrangement wasn't in question, and the variations of the source were handled very, very well. There's not too, too much to this theme, so to be able to get this much mileage and substance out of it was excellent. The track still felt a little long, but the positives are definitely outweighing the negatives now.

4th time's a charm, Michael. Your persistence and willingness to rethink some of the things that were hampering this really paid off, and you have a much more cohesive and capably produced arrangement. Definitely hope to hear more from you. :-)

YES

Oh I never actually made that full vote. I've listened to this song a lot and helped Mike a bit with critique, and he rose to the occasion each time. This is a marked improvement over previous submissions and I'm happy to pass it. I just see Mike getting better and better at what he does and I'm looking forward to more of his work.

YES

• 5 months later...