(Tenchu)CheckPoint Traverse -(Cross the Checkpoint R-mix)

Rukunetsu

Yeah i saw this on Soundcloud actually!

I'm actually not familar with the source track, although many moons ago i was a big Tenchu fan.

This is so chill, i can imagine sitting in a Manhattan condo sipping martini to this. Really funky and mellow, i can't fault it.

If i tried to fault it, i'd say that some of the piano sounds just a tiny bit drowned out at around 2:30 onwards, but it's still just fine. I really can't fault it haha

Ah, Tenchu. This brings me back...

Pretty good interpretation of the source as usual, very jazzy and soothing. Nice work on percussions dynamics and overall atmosphere.

My only grippe would be that the remix has a bit of muddiness to it. The low rumble from kicks and bass is a bit overwhelming at times.

I totally get how you've preserved the ominous feeling of the slap-bass present in the source.

But in this case, I'd advise rolling-off unnecessary lo-freq and boosting the mid-highs/highs freq for more clarity.

Keep it up Ruku. You're getting better at your craft by the day. :smile:

PS: You should really consider putting together a compilation album of your works.