Megaman book series

Wardonis

Except you haven't read the novels he's working on or has written. That's the thing here, we haven't saw them. You can't say it will fail if you haven't read it.

Dude, have you ever tried to get into literary publishing at all? It is almost literally 100 times more complicated than walking into a business with a good manuscript and thinking something will come of it.

Literary publishing, from 5 years experience in trying to get published until I did late last month, is not just insanely competitive, it is just INSANE. I once lost a manuscript deal because when I introduced myself, I didn't give my NAME, despite it being in the email itself. I once lost a manuscript deal because the publisher found out I posted something on Facebook about a guy he just happened to be friends with and the only way he would've found out about that is to actually hack into my Facebook account to see it. TODAY I got an email back from a publisher I submitted a story, 7 months ago, from my Vulgarity For The Masses book, that they recently finally rejected, who was pissed off that I broke their submission guidelines and sent it to someone else in that time frame. I.E. They literally expected me to just sit on my writing and twiddle my thumbs for 7 MONTHS and just wait for them to reject it before I could send it to someone else (and in my defense, 90% of the time, publishers who reject your work don't even bother to tell you so, so after month #5, I can safely assume it was already rejected).

In that industry model with someone else's IP and no experience in publishing before, what do you think is going to happen? That's not hate, that's reality. It was failed from conception on.

now now, lets not be angry at them for trying something that is rather tough to accomplish,

Look at yourselves guys, did you ever believe you could ever make music yourself when you were at a younger age?

you must of because some of you practiced and practiced to learn skills on the guitar or the piano.

Wardonis seems to have this same ambition, but in terms of writing one of the greatest spin off novels to one of his childhood gaming hero megaman.

he needs support not disapproval

Wardonis

i say good luck to you and don't give up hope so easy.

Look at yourselves guys, did you ever believe you could ever make music yourself when you were at a younger age?

when i look at myself i see a lot of sexy but that's besides the point

I didn't need to rely on 1. a corporation that has since thrown all interest in said property (Megaman) away for approval and official license to produce works of fiction. 2. a publisher to publish said officially licensed works of fiction. 3. a niche genre of literature (video game readers)

all I do is plug in a guitar and click stuff on a computer and voila music. a lot less complicated.

Dude, have you ever tried to get into literary publishing at all? It is almost literally 100 times more complicated than walking into a business with a good manuscript and thinking something will come of it.

Literary publishing, from 5 years experience in trying to get published until I did late last month, is not just insanely competitive, it is just INSANE. I once lost a manuscript deal because when I introduced myself, I didn't give my NAME, despite it being in the email itself. I once lost a manuscript deal because the publisher found out I posted something on Facebook about a guy he just happened to be friends with and the only way he would've found out about that is to actually hack into my Facebook account to see it. TODAY I got an email back from a publisher I submitted a story, 7 months ago, from my Vulgarity For The Masses book, that they recently finally rejected, who was pissed off that I broke their submission guidelines and sent it to someone else in that time frame. I.E. They literally expected me to just sit on my writing and twiddle my thumbs for 7 MONTHS and just wait for them to reject it before I could send it to someone else (and in my defense, 90% of the time, publishers who reject your work don't even bother to tell you so, so after month #5, I can safely assume it was already rejected).

In that industry model with someone else's IP and no experience in publishing before, what do you think is going to happen? That's not hate, that's reality. It was failed from conception on.

My point was that we don't know if the story is any good or not. If it's good, that certainly increases his chances.

now now, lets not be angry at them for trying something that is rather tough to accomplish,

you must of because some of you practiced and practiced to learn skills on the guitar or the piano.

Wardonis seems to have this same ambition, but in terms of writing one of the greatest spin off novels to one of his childhood gaming hero megaman.

he needs support not disapproval

Wardonis

i say good luck to you and don't give up hope so easy.

This. The entire argument in this thread is basically "It's very difficult to do and the odds are very much against you, so you should just quit." If he doesn't get published and approval from Capcom, he still has fan-fiction. Either way, I'm sure he'll have readers if he finishes the project.

My point was that we don't know if the story is any good or not. If it's good, that certainly increases his chances.

0.0947837% as opposed to 0.0432193% is technically accurate but still not helpful. Quality, sadly, has very little to do in publishing and creating products to sell - not just in this capacity but worldwide merchandise in the major capacity. There are many many many many reasons why major companies just don't do this kind of stuff ordinarily and even the highest quality story or "a good read" is quite simply not going to cover those reasons (risks). It just doesn't happen very much for good reason in the real world.

Now, if we were to say,

Either way, I'm sure he'll have readers if he finishes the project.

This we can agree on. Fanfiction has its rightful place on the internet and definitely people will enjoy it regardless if they find it.

I think we've found a common median here.

Also, as a further point, don't invest too much of your time and money expecting to get a return on it. It would be horrible to destroy potential for the rest of your life by investing everything into this project. Even the work of your dreams must be supported properly; have a foundation under your feet before starting to build it. Even if it's just part-time jobs, and setting a little aside each month towards funding the project. Take time to make sure you can move on if you need to. 'Don't put all your eggs in one basket.'

when i look at myself i see a lot of sexy but that's besides the point

I didn't need to rely on 1. a corporation that has since thrown all interest in said property (Megaman) away for approval and official license to produce works of fiction. 2. a publisher to publish said officially licensed works of fiction. 3. a niche genre of literature (video game readers)

all I do is plug in a guitar and click stuff on a computer and voila music. a lot less complicated.

Actually i will show you that your situation is kinda similar

1:actually you have such as your wily remix and other remixes (perhaps capcom doesn't really care about remixes of game themes but still but if they did you may have had your stuff have a cease and desist warning) 2: your "publisher" is ocremix because without them behind you pushing you into the "public eye" (and by that i mean the ocr audience) you wouldn't have had many enjoying your remixes and 3: video game remixing isn't a niche market?

You may respond at me saying you do this for free and that does not breach any copyrights, but while you may not many do sell their remixes such as brentalfloss to name names.

Either way i think this story idea might get somewhere.

Think about getting an agent? There's a reason they exist in the literary market, it is intense to be a writer and your own agent.

Also, your book title could use a tweak, assuming it is called "Vulgarity for the Masses", it could be more eye-grabbing on a (virtual)shelf

Ooh, thank you Goll!

Think about getting an agent? There's a reason they exist in the literary market, it is intense to be a writer and your own agent.

Also, your book title could use a tweak, assuming it is called "Vulgarity for the Masses", it could be more eye-grabbing on a (virtual)shelf

I DID get it published eventually, by a VERY good man named Gary Vincent from Burning Bulb publishing. It's like God had to balance the books in this karmic example here and delivered someone who not only has a brain in his head, but delivered helpful, useful contact in record time. It was submitted, edited, printed and released in 2 months time - like 1/6th of the time I even waited to be rejected by others.

The fact that 9/10s of the time, most publishers you can even chat with are the opposite of him is VERY sobering. I don't know what it is about the literary world thats like that, but it's much less open than the music world where it's much easier all the way around to do stuff like we do here at Ocremix than to do its literary equivalent.

I'm not one to pay attention or even agree with Nekofrog, but a post he made got me thinking - why do you need Capcom for this mega series? What exactly is the end-goal with it that fanfiction.net or even something like a series of concept remix albums couldn't do (besides generate revenue anyhow)?

I think we've found a common median here.

Also, as a further point, don't invest too much of your time and money expecting to get a return on it. It would be horrible to destroy potential for the rest of your life by investing everything into this project. Even the work of your dreams must be supported properly; have a foundation under your feet before starting to build it. Even if it's just part-time jobs, and setting a little aside each month towards funding the project. Take time to make sure you can move on if you need to. 'Don't put all your eggs in one basket.'

Spot on. By no means are we going into this project all or nothing. Part of the reason we're advertising is to inform the fans that the project is in full swing but it was also too hopefully find supporters that might be capable of adding to the project. Should we failed to get permission or publishing it will be posted as a fanfic. In any case It has proven so far To be an incredible story We are nearly two thirds finished with the master copy of the first book. I have been in communication with Thomas Lindsay at Capcom for a little over a Month. He will be reviewing the master copy and ether saying no to the permission or passing it up to his boss who actually has the power to say yes. I hope it goes through. If not it'll still turn into an epic read as a fanfic.

Sorry if the post seesm a little broken. I'm posting on my phone.

Those ensuing "discussions" were precisely the reason I haven't until this time said anything about my own Mega Man idea: I am putting together scripts and screenplays for a Mega Man movie series I'd like to do. It's nowhere near presentable and probably won't be for some time, but I knew that had I said anything I would have gotten much the same reaction, even if I informed people that I was doing this strictly for my personal entertainment.