OCR02593 - *YES* Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team '99 Floors Underground'

DragonAvenger

Remixer Name: TheGuitahHeroe

Game Remixed: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team

Song Remixed: "Buried Relic/Southern Cavern"

(

)

YEAH MAN ANOTHER PMD REMIX.

This song is badass, so I felt the need to remix it. It's one of my

favorites from the Mystery Dungeon Series. I actually remixed this a

long time ago but it was shot down on the WIP forum (and for good

reason, lol :P).

Also hooray for mid-song genre switches!

Well, hope you guys enjoy :D

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely some good stuff going on in this track. I like a lot of the harmonic expansion you added to the theme, and overall there are a lot of change-ups to keep things interesting. The build-up transition didn't work as well as I think it could have, but it's not pulling the track down much either.

I can't say this will be my favorite of yours, but I think it's a fun track.

YES

99 dungeons but a soundscape isn't one of them; I love the synthy bass. Overall there is some good expansion besides the obvious sound upgrade, Though I feel the second half could use just a little bit more juice. Not like a full glass, but maybe a half glass, just to really kick up breakfast.

The mid-song breakdown was effective, but felt like it was treading water for too long. It needed some melodic interest besides some gradually building, but harmonically shallow ideas. The swagger is there, but a lot of it feels like autopilot because most of the arpeggios just reinforce the chords rather than say anything. Having some suspensions in there would really help to make it more interesting, or a solo or something.

I think this is really, really close, and based on other votes from judges, it may pass as-is, but I think that it really needs more excitement in the second half. I am not especially happy to no-resub it, but i think in the long term it'll be a better song because of it.

No, please resubmit

• 1 month later...

Haha, this one HAS to be inspired by the Gorillaz' "Dare" track. The stylistic similarities are too similar to ignore :-)

I was really enjoying the first half of this, you've got some very cool sounds accompanied by a thick, punchy beat that sounds really well produced. I feel what OA was saying in his amusingly-metaphorical vote, though, and while I do think this could be a pass in the end I agree that this could really use one of your epic solos to round this piece off and hold my interest a lot better in the second half.

Real real close, the production and sound choice aspect is totally spot-on here, but I too think a resubmission would push this mix into absolutely epic territory.

EDIT 2/3/12: Ok looking back this is actually a pretty shitty reason to reject a mix and I'm kind of kicking myself for voting the way I did in the first place. This mix is definitely above the bar as it is, I was just projecting my wishes a little too much.

YES

• 1 month later...

this one sorta had a wideness to the mixing that makes it feel sparse to me, but as usual your sounds are well chosen, well mixed, and cohesive. I thought the breakdown and long buildup was tight, but man 2:57; TOTAL letdown. was expecting a huge drop or something.

gonna agree with OA and Emu's criticism's about the arrangement losing steam in the second half, but overall I do feel it is above the bar as is. perhaps we should contact TGH either way and see if he'd wanna give one more pass at the arrangement. like Emu said, even adding one of your token crazy solos/melodic lines would give the second half some more personality.

YES

• 1 month later...

Yeah I was feeling this. I agree with what OA is saying and maybe the leads could have sounded more prominent, but I liked what was here and it captured my attention sufficiently. Wouldn't mind someone double-checking me on whether that bass is too loud at 2:00. It seemed pretty crazy but then comparing to stuff like BT that's mastered loud, it was around the same scale.

YES