OCR01379 - Unreal Tournament "Club Showdown"

djpretzel

• 2 months later...

Being a big fan of Unreal and Unreal Tournament's soundtrack and Alexander Brandon's/Michiel van den Bos' work in general I'm glad one UT remix made it to the site. Was blown away by it when I heard it a few years back and it's still fresh. I think especially the ending from 3:48 onwards stands out, with continuing the main synth over a different chord, and introducing the piano as a new element even though you're on fade-out. Gives it a sense of mystique as it leaves you wondering how it might continue. Bloody well done :-o

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Wonderful mix! I'm a big fan of the music from the original UT, so I'll admit I was disappointed when I searched the site and found only one remix, but I was very glad that this only one was top-notch. Listening to this brings back memories. Love how you included the voice from the intro. When I heard that, I thought, "Oh, yeah! I remember this!" Liandri corporation... hundreds of billions... etc. Personally, I think this dance/club style you've got going is particularly well-suited to the UT music. Maybe this soundtrack hasn't been remixed much because it's already so electronic and remix-y sounding. (Sorry - not being a remixer myself, I can't always find the right words to describe what I'm trying to say. I hope you can figure out what I mean.) Anyway, I love it. This one's going on the iPod. If you ever feel like remixing another original UT track, I humbly request "Mechanism Eight". :smile:

• 4 months later...

So, I've been listening to this remix since pretty much the day it was released on OCR, and I've been listening to Hyperblast Redux since I first pulled it from my UT2004 installation 6 years ago. Only today did I realize Club Showdown was a mix of Go Down...

This is easily one of my favorite video game tracks ever, yet, somehow, I never made the connection. I always knew there was something, listening to the two pieces, but I never did quite realize it. I suppose my brain just stopped working every time I listened to them, they're such immersive tracks both. It might have helped if I'd read the remix description 5 years ago, I don't know. But I just had to say this is an outstanding mix of an outstanding track that I'm still listening to today, however slow I may be.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01379 - Unreal Tournament "Club Showdown"