OCR Mascot Bios - 20 more up for grabs!

Dafydd

Sweet Jesus... we gotta get these damned E-mail notifications back up and running again.

I got your message, Dafydd. When Linearity contacted me, she said that she needed bios for all the Darkstalkers characters. Don't know if that meant she wasn't happy with hers or what, but that's what she told me back in March.

I never addressed this before: I didn't mention that I had done some DS bios because I wanted not to discourage you from writing bios. I also figured that with your much broader experience with Darkstalkers, you'd write better ones.

What did you decide to do? I see several versions of the Darkstalkers bios. Should I use the second versions? Also, did you use any of my work? Because if you did not, then I'll write just you in as the author in the proofread lump file.

Anyway Lin, basically what happened was, after I wrote the long bios, it was decided that they revealed too much of the plot and such. So, I had to go back and rewrite them sans the spoilers (thus, the shorter ones). From my understanding, what's to happen is that at the end of my shorter bios, there's to be a link to the longer ones with something akin to "If you'd like to know more about this character's history, click here. Be aware that there are spoilers within.", with "here" linking to the longer, spoiler filled bios I wrote.

Make sure you proof the last version of each one. I had to do more than one revision on a few (v3 and v4 type stuff).

Oh, and I didn't use any of what you wrote. Did you post them in this thread somewhere? I ask because I've never seen them, so your question kind of confused me.

I hope that helps :)

Iori Yagami

SNK

ocr4_mascot80.jpg

Bio

Centuries ago, the clans of Iori Yagami and Kyo Kusanagi allied together to seal away the Orochi, a multiheaded dragon. Alas, Kyo's ancestors got the recognition; Iori's did not. They retaliated by striking a pact with the monster, earning the control of purple flames, but cursed with shorter lives. After generations of spilling blood on either side, the Yagami-Kusanagi vendetta makes a heated showdown in the King of Fighters tournament, where Iori rivals Kyo.

True to his ancestors' pact, hateful vengeance courses through Iori's veins. Purple flames fuel his rush-in combos, followed by a grab and a final blow. But if he's not careful, Iori can succumb to the Riot of Blood, where the Orochi seizes control of his body and puts him on a murderous rampage. Even his teammates can attest to this.

Quote: "Look to eternity! Look to the moon and me!"

Selected Game Appearances

NEO-GEO

The King of Fighters '95 (1995)

The King of Fighters '98 (1998)

The King of Fighters 2000 (2000)

NEO-GEO POCKET COLOR

SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)

ARCADE

The King of Fighters: Neowave (2004)

PLAYSTATION 2

KOF: Maximum Impact (2004)

References

Wikipedia - Iori Yagami

The King of Fighters 10th Anniversary Official Web Site - Iori Yagami

Fighters Generation - Iori Yagami

So, when is the last time that I submitted a bio? 6 months ago? Well, after seeing that Venom was a mascot, I had to write a bio. Of course, it is kinda short, because I didn't want to reveal any spoilers. But, if it is too short, I will rewrite it. (Also, if anyone has ever read my bios, I am not good at grammar.)

Venom

MARVEL

ocr4_mascot143.jpg

Bio

Venom, is the result of symbiosis between an alien life form and a human host. So, in truth, Venom is more than one person.

The human that is fused with the symbiote is, Eddie Brock, a reporter that blames Spider-Man for debunking his prize story, the Sin-Eater Case. The intense hatred for Spider-Man was so strong, that the symbiote was attracted to Eddie, and bonded with him, thus calling themselves "Venom." They wanna do nothing but torment Spider-Man, so they are seen as his arch rival.

Venom does see himself as a hero though, as he tries to "protect" the innocents from the "evil" Spider-man. But, he believes anyone he sees as "evil" should die, so this makes him extremely dangerous and psychotic. This doesn't mean he can't be the good guy, because at times, Venom did team up with Spider-Man to try to stop a greater evil. Of course, the peace only lasted so long before Venom and Spider-Man became enemies again.

Quote: "We're going to eat your brain!"

Games Appeared in:

GAME BOY

Spider-Man (2000)

The Amazing Spider-Man (1990)

SUPER NINTENDO

Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage (1994)

Spider-Man and Venom: Seperation Anxiety (1995)

SEGA Genesis

The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin (1991)

Spider-Man and Venom: Seperation Anxiety (1995)

Nintendo 64

Spider-Man (2000)

Dreamcast

Spider-Man (2000)

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clase of Super Heroes (1997)

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (2000)

Playstation

Spider-Man (2000)

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (1997)

Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro (2001)

Playstation 2

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (2002)

Ultimate Spider-Man (2005)

Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects (2005)

X-Box

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (2002)

Gamecube

Nintendo DS

Game Boy Advance

PC

Spider-Man (2000)

Playsation Portable

Arcade

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (1997)

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (2000)

Spider-Man: The Video Game (1991)

References

The Fighters Generation

Spider Fan

Wikipedia - Venom

Thanks, Coop, that helps. We should just credit you for the DS bios; that was my plan originally.

BTW I just started a new term at school so I'm settling in. I've got almost all the bios lumped together in a text file and I'm going to use my computer to check spelling and grammar and then proofread it personally. Sorry for any delay, I should be done relatively soon.

Wow, Psychotic Ninja's back. With a Venom bio. I made the casual mistake of researching Venom myself without dibbing him out loud. Should've expected it though; that dude's popular as hell. Oh well. Here's some feedback:

You cover the basics of Venom just fine. I had trouble fitting in details like Eddie seeking solace in a church, the symbiote lurking there because it was rejected by Spider-Man, etc. Those aren't spoilers, but you do describe Venom's hatred, fusion, and mission without those details bogging down the account, so that works. And good job noting that he stops hunting Spider-Man to save innocent lives.

What about Venom's abilities? He's vulnerable to fire and sonic sounds, but immune to spider-sense. Plus he knows Spider-Man's real identity due to the symbiote bonding once with the webslinger. That also explains his similar powers (webshooting, wallcrawling, etc.).

To ease Dafydd's pain, here's a shorter appearances list and some more specific references (feel free to copy and paste):

GENESIS

SUPER NINTENDO

Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage (1994)

ARCADE

Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (1997)

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (2000)

DREAMCAST, NINTENDO 64, PC, PLAYSTATION

Spider-Man (2000)

Fighters Generation - Venom

Wikipedia - Venom

Finally, so I'm not trumped again, I'm dibbing Spider-Man (145) and Gambit (142) (hope you're not disappointed).

Spider-Man

Marvel

ocr4_mascot145.jpg

Bio

A standout among Marvel Comics icons, Spider-Man was the first teenager-turned-superhero which like-aged readers could relate to. The series, The Amazing Spider-Man, took pains to depict how the world would realistically view the superpowered red-and-blue-suit, and how his life would be affected. In the real world, Spidey's media coverage, especially in two successful movies (with a third debuting in 2007), has helped the web-slinger's legacy endure in a positive light.

A bite from a radioactive spider injects high schooler Peter Parker with spiderlike powers, including wall-crawling, web-shooting, heightened strength and agility, and danger-alert spider-sense. At first seeking fame and fortune with his abilities, he soon witnesses the murder of his uncle Ben, which he could have prevented. Haunted by his fatherly advice, "with great power comes great responsibility," Peter devotes his superhuman prowess to saving innocent lives in New York - masked, and with the alias of Spider-Man.

Years of crimefighting have multiplied the web-slinger's burdens. Working as a photographer for the Daily Bugle newspaper, Peter listens to his boss malign Spider-Man as a threat to society without understanding why. Meanwhile, recurrent villains like The Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, and Venom want Spider-Man dead for their own reasons. And through it all, Peter strains himself to provide financially for his aunt May. But add a sense of humor to his arsenal, and Spidey's got that down-to-earth edge to tackle his larger-than-life problems.

Quote: "Ah, the life of a hero. Will the excitement never end?"

NINTENDO

Spider-Man: The Return of the Sinister Six (1992)

SUPER NINTENDO

Spider-Man and the X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (1992)

GENESIS

ARCADE

Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter (1997)

DREAMCAST, NINTENDO 64, PLAYSTATION

Spider-Man (2000)

References

Wikipedia - Spider-Man

Fighters Generation - Spider-Man

SpiderFan

Eric's Amazing Spider-Man Unofficial Fan Site

Spider-Man Movie Network

Wow, Psychotic Ninja's back. With a Venom bio. I made the casual mistake of researching Venom myself without dibbing him out loud. Should've expected it though; that dude's popular as hell. Oh well. Here's some feedback:

You cover the basics of Venom just fine. I had trouble fitting in details like Eddie seeking solace in a church, the symbiote lurking there because it was rejected by Spider-Man, etc. Those aren't spoilers, but you do describe Venom's hatred, fusion, and mission without those details bogging down the account, so that works. And good job noting that he stops hunting Spider-Man to save innocent lives.

What about Venom's abilities? He's vulnerable to fire and sonic sounds, but immune to spider-sense. Plus he knows Spider-Man's real identity due to the symbiote bonding once with the webslinger. That also explains his similar powers (webshooting, wallcrawling, etc.).

To ease Dafydd's pain, here's a shorter appearances list and some more specific references (feel free to copy and paste):

GENESIS

SUPER NINTENDO

Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage (1994)

ARCADE

Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (1997)

DREAMCAST, NINTENDO 64, PC, PLAYSTATION

Spider-Man (2000)

Fighters Generation - Venom

Wikipedia - Venom

Finally, so I'm not trumped again, I'm dibbing Spider-Man (145) and Gambit (142) (hope you're not disappointed).

Thanks for the feedback, Polo. But, one of the main reasons that I didn't add that Brock was about to commit suicide in a chruch, and that the symbiote was attached to Spider-Man, but got rid of it thanks to the help of Mr. Fantastic, because they found out that it was weak against sonic waves. Was, because I thought it was too much spoilers, and the Bio is focused more on Venom, the character itself, than his whole history, etc.

Also, the bio isnt supposed to reveal too much about the characters, it's supposed to be short and sweet, but gives the reader an idea who he is, what he does, etc.

Plus, we have resources at the bottom of the bios, so if the reader wanted to know more, they could just click that. But, if anyone feels the need that I need to add more to the bio, I will.

Might I say that I hate David Lloyd for putting Blaze up as a mascot, leading me to have to write about the rather awful storylines of the modern Sonic series.

Blaze the Cat

SEGA

ocr4_mascot144.jpg

Quite how these fourteen year old animals manage to travel at such high speeds is anyone’s guess. In any case, Blaze certainly needs such power to fulfill her duty as Guardian of the mysterious Sol Emeralds. For anything of an emerald nature in the Sonic universe is ultimately an object of importance and desire, giving Blaze a need to fend off unwanted visitors. Not long before Dr. Eggman makes off with them in Sonic Rush.

Blaze does not hail from the same dimension as Sonic, and so can travel between worlds through tears in the space-time continuum. Such a means is vital for Blaze to reclaim the emeralds from Eggman, and find the secret to the gems’ true power.

With being the sole guardian of an ancient material, Blaze is as such something of a loner. She lives by her own strict rules, and acts to situations in a calm and level headed manner. To meet Sonic and others is somewhat against what Blaze is used to, withdrawn from the friendship that the others share. Throughout the game, she learns the connection the companions have, and personally befriends Cream the Rabbit.

Blaze seems to have become a regular character in the series, set to appear in the upcoming Sonic game for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

Source:

Sonic Rush Manual

Blaze the Cat Wikipedia Page

Games Blaze the Car has appeared in:

NINTENDO DS

Sonic Rush (2005)

and so can travel between worlds through tears in the space-time continuum.

... who's crying? Einstein?...

Haha. Sorry for the pun, but those were my first thoughts when reading that sentence. Anyway, thank god DJP isn't making us write bios for "Cyber Peacock" or other results of a series exhausted. Nice work though, watkinzez.

and so can travel between worlds through tears in the space-time continuum.

... who's crying? Einstein?...

Haha. Sorry for the pun, but those were my first thoughts when reading that sentence. Anyway, thank god DJP isn't making us write bios for "Cyber Peacock" or other results of a series exhausted. Nice work though, watkinzez.

...I'm going to laugh my ass off when he sees this and adds Cyber Peacock to the list.

Could be worse, though. He could add Boogerman or Blasto. :P

Okay, here's a tentative first paragraph to add to my Spider-Man bio...

----------

A standout among Marvel Comics icons, Spider-Man was the first teenager-turned-superhero which like-aged readers could relate to. The series, The Amazing Spider-Man, took pains to depict how the world would realistically view the superpowered red-and-blue-suit, and how his life would be affected. In the real world, Spidey's media coverage, especially in two successful movies (with a third debuting in 2007), has helped the web-slinger's legacy endure in a positive light.

----------

And the other bio...

----------

Gambit

Marvel

ocr4_mascot142.jpg

Bio

Remy LeBeau, an adventurer from Louisiana, enjoys charming many a fair dame with his smooth French talk and burning red eyes. Known as Gambit among the X-Men, a body of mutant-powered fighters, he hones his above-average speed and muscles through Savate kickboxing and wielding a quarterstaff. Able to charge inanimate objects with explosive energy, he can literally bring down the house with a playing card-for-a-grenade.

Charismatic as he fancies himself, Gambit's time with the X-Men is not without strain. He can't kiss, hug, or even touch his teammate and love interest, Rogue, due to her automatic skin-ducted psyche-absorbing power. Gambit is also reticent to reveal his past; some acquaintances would be reason enough for the X-Men to not trust the Cajun overcoat, whose eyes earned him the nickname of "le diable blanc" - the white devil.

Quote: "Playin' for keeps is still playin', mon ami, so take a card... ANY CARD!"

SUPER NINTENDO

Spider-Man and the X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (1992)

X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse (1994)

GENESIS

X-Men 2: Clone Wars (1995)

ARCADE

X-Men vs. Street Fighter (1996)

Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (1998)

References

Wikipedia - Gambit (comics)

Fighters Generation - Gambit

Gambit: Remy LeBeau

Gambit Group

----------

I'll also take the first two Last Blade characters, Washizuka and Kaede (36 and 45).

Looking over my Ukyo bio, I didn't like most of the second paragraph:

Ukyo first sets out in search of the perfect flower to offer his love, which a scholar tells him is in the center of the demon world. It is not. His searches are made difficult by tuberculosis, as he coughs up blood before and after battles. Additional burdens Ukyo faces include a return to a devastated homeland, an encounter with a demon that steals Kei's unborn child, and another victim of tuberculosis.

The parts I boldened are Ukyo's starting conditions in some of the titles in the Samurai Shodown series, which I initially put there to add spice and change-ups to his "find the perfect flower" goal. But since Ukyo's story is convoluted with tragic plot twists, most of these details sound like spoilers to me. So I fixed stuff up to make it a more "complete" bio.

----------

Now, this guy's not the deepest of characters, but garner what you will...

Keiichiro Washizuka

SNK

ocr4_mascot36.jpg

Bio

Despite his gruff temper and biting tongue, a samurai's honor remains Keiichiro Washizuka's most valued virtue. His unit in the Shinsengumi police force is dispatched to investigate the Gates of Hell, a source of chaos and death in Japan. Katana in hand, "Sword Wolf" Washizuka boasts an arsenal of rush-in stabs, fit to penetrate the Gates' defenses and defenders.

Quote: "I'll show no mercy to those who would thwart my mission!"

NEO-GEO

Last Blade (1997)

Last Blade 2 (1998)

NEO-GEO POCKET COLOR

Last Blade: Beyond the Destiny (2000)

DREAMCAST

Last Blade 2: Heart of the Samurai (2001)

References

Wikipedia - Keiichiro Washizuka

Bakumatsu Rouman: The Last Blade

Last Blade FAQs

Chun-Li

CAPCOM

ocr4_mascot16.jpg

When possessing the weakest arsenal of a fighting lineup, one must rely on reflexes and agility to gain the upper hand in a brawl. As the only female character in Street Fighter II, Chun-Li broke ground in the early nineties as one of the earliest feminine protagonists to gain widespread popularity. Like Samus before her Chun-Li demonstrated that women could be portrayed in videogames in other ways than the damsel in distress.

Investigator for Interpol and representing China in the game, Li’s story is one of revenge against her late father. A tip towards suspect crime syndicate Shadoloo leads her to discover boss M. Bison. Beaten with ease by Bison, he utters a fate similar to her father’s if she crosses his path again. Vying to defeat the man, Chun-Li enters the Street Fighter Tournament to climb up the ladder and make a name for herself.

Speed is of the essence as Chun-Li fights. Her most famous attack, the Lightning Kick, delivers a flurry of attacks from standing position at incredible speed. Quick, fast strings of moves are the secret to Chun-Li’s success as a fighter. Her clothing allows for fast movement on the stage, and has differed through the Street Fighter series- the above unitard Li’s outfit in Street Fighter Alpha. Her original appearance was in the one piece qipao.

Chun-Li has since had many appearances within the series and other various spin offs, such as the vs. series with Marvel and SNK, and the Street Fighter movie, played by Ming-Na Wen.

Quote: “Yatta!”

Source:

Chun-Li Wikipedia Page

Chun-Li’s Peace

Street Fighter II Manuals

Games that Chun-Li has appeared in:

ARCADE

Street Fighter II (1991)

Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (1992)

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (1993)

Super Street Fighter II Turbo (1994)

Street Fighter EX Plus (1997)

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike- Fight for the Future (1999)

PLAYSTATION

Street Fighter Alpha (1995)

Street Fighter Alpha II (1996)

Like Samus before her Chun-Li demonstrated that women could be portrayed in videogames in other ways than the damsel in distress, even while being little and cute.

Fixed :) Actually, her thighs in the original SF2 concept art were quite the monstrocites.

Also, nice sig variation there :)

You should see them in Street Fighter III: Third Strike. Children have been known to run away from them crying.