OCR Mascot Bios - 20 more up for grabs!

Dafydd

Oooooh. Constant... yeah, that's weird. Okay, I'll fix it, one moment...

EDIT: Fixed. It's now "recurrences."

EDIT 2: Similarly,

the latter's girlfriend and daughter

I think it's the former's girlfriend and the latter's daughter.

Heh, I thought it was weird, too... but English is, after all, not my first language... haha :)

Voldo

Namco

ocr4_mascot138.jpg

Bio

As Europe entered an age of conquest in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries, goods that weren't traded were often plundered. One Italian merchant hoarded all his treasures and, piratelike, buried them deep on a Mediterranean island, setting up traps to make short work of any thieves. He knew it wouldn't be enough, not long after he died, so if the traps failed, then vandals would have to answer to the merchant's loyal vassal: Voldo.

Armed with armor-piercing katars, Voldo's overriding priority is to guard the Money Pit - his master's treasure horde and grave. Years of subterranean refuge have blinded the warrior and chipped away at his sanity, but his killing skills remain sharp and unpredictable. Voldo rushes, pounces, and stabs intruders, facing forward or backward, or even if he lies back on his hands and feet, torso stretched like a table - a popular stance among fans.

One day, Voldo hears his late master's voice - real or imagined, he cannot say - telling him to retrieve a sword known as Soul Edge. In his lifetime, the merchant dispatched mercenaries, pirates, and other travelers to find the sword that grants its owner any earthly desire, to no avail. But the latest grave robber to escape the Money Pit intact carried the scent of Soul Edge on her. Now Voldo surfaces into the world of light, tracking the fabled blade, set on bringing it to rest in the Money Pit even if it's in shards.

Quote: *bows*

Selected Game Appearances

ARCADE

Soul Edge (1995)

PLAYSTATION

Soul Blade (1996)

DREAMCAST

Soul Calibur (1999)

GAMECUBE, X-BOX

Soul Calibur II (2003)

PLAYSTATION 2

Soul Calibur III (2005)

References

Wikipedia - Voldo

Fighters Generation - Voldo

Stage of History - Voldo

Project Soul Official Site

Armed with six armor-piercing katars (daggers),

Actually, his default weapon is two katars, three blades each. Just about anything he uses falls under the classification of "katar" (well, except the drill bits...). Just pointing out that there's a difference between Voldo's katar and, say, a Thief's dagger.

If our heroes keep this up, we might not even need your help :-D I really am thankful to you, Polo and watkinzez, for your persistent and faithful, hard work for the project. We wouldn't be here without you. Next week, I hope to be able to start verifying bios and give LT some to transfer to the wiki. We're about to start wrapping up, by the looks of it. I'm sorry I haven't been able to help more. :/

I've got too much schoolwork to really contribute to this project right now. Sorry.

Zato-1

Sammy

ocr4_mascot146.jpg

Zato-1 has been a fighter in the Guilty Gear series since its inception. He was originally an assassin who shared his body with a sentient, parasitic form of life called Eddie. In Guilty Gear, Zato-1 controlled Eddie's actions and used it as a deadly weapon, but in Guilty Gear X the parasite takes control of Zato-1's body and begins directing their relationship toward its own ends. By the time of Guilty Gear XX Zato-1 is dead, and the character list refers to the two bodies as Eddie.

Zato-1 is blind, having sacrificed his sight for the privilege of using Eddie. He was a Spaniard and the leader of the Assassins' Guild until being consumed by Eddie; as such he has history with assassins Millia Rage and Venom.

Eddie's physical form is ever-changing: nominally a turbulent cloud at Zato-1's feet, it can become a claw, a set of drills, and other dangerous objects that materialize from unexpected places about Zato-1's body. Eddie often takes a form resembling a gargoyle, allowing it to fly; this could be interpreted as the character's true form.

"When little brats bother me like this, they die."

Some Major Appearances

Guilty Gear: The Missing Link (1998)

Guilty Gear X: By Your Side (2000)

Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival (2002)

Guilty Gear Isuka (2004)

Sources:

Wikipedia article on Zato-1

Guilty Gear FAQs at GameFAQs

Other Interesting Links:

Guilty Gear Official Web Site

Harcore Gaming 101: Guilty Gear

Watch me go back on my personal promise.

The bolded characters can be linked to their respective bios.

Gen

CAPCOM

ocr4_mascot58.jpg

Gen is a fighting legend. One of the original Street Fighter lineup, the master is a representative of China. In order to become world champion, the player, as Ryu or Ken, must defeat Gen on the way to victory. His deadly art includes many Kung Fu fighting styles, such as Mantis, Crane, Bear, and Tiger.

As a fighting legend in Hong Kong, Gen believes that there are other people worthy of challenging him, and sets his mind to find such opponents. While many younger talents seek him to uncover his style, he rejects many of them of being lacking in true fighting skill. It is only that when he finds great potential that he sets his mind to teach his secrets. In the Street Fighter Alpha series, Gen searches for the ultimate opponent to fight to the death. The mighty name of Akuma rings through his mind as he vows to seek him out.

First playable in the Alpha sequel, Gen is notable in being the only character with the ability to change fighting styles mid round.

Quote: “You did not have the potential to retire me. What a shame...”

Source:

Gen Wikipedia Page

Street Fighter Legends

Games that Gen has appeared in:

ARCADE

Street Fighter (1987)

PLAYSTATION

Street Fighter Alpha II (1996)

Street Fighter Alpha III (1998)

Also, Karin plz.

Here's some quick fixes for your Zato-1 bio, Lin:

[url=http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zato-1]Wikipedia article on Zato-1[/url]

That should link properly.

Broken link; try this: http://www.guiltygearx2reload.com/

And if you want, some possible Zato-1 quotes (from your FAQs link):

"When little brats bother me like this, they die."

"How can you touch a shadow? It's impossible."

"My mind can detect and defeat any attack."

"Hmm... Quite an unusual opponent."

----------

Heihachi Mishima

Namco

ocr4_mascot53.jpg

Bio

For someone who's well into his seventies, Heihachi Mishima is in better shape than most young men. In his self-sponsored King of Iron Fist tournament, speed saturates his crouching dashes and sweeping kicks, while power forged by training bears in martial arts ignites his God Fist uppercuts and throws. If that weren't enough, Tekken's wing-haired man punks a steely personality to match.

Ultimately self-reliant, Heihachi will let no one, not even his family, bar him from his relentless pursuits. If his father Jinpachi must be imprisoned to gain the Mishima Zaibatsu (the family's financial empire), so be it. If his own son Kazuya survives getting hurled off a cliff or two, then he's worthy of being his son. Naturally, Heihachi's family does not approve of him - and neither does the Japanese government.

Quote: "I'll show you what it means to battle with me!"

ARCADE

Tekken (1994)

PLAYSTATION

Tekken 2 (1996)

PLAYSTATION 2

Tekken Tag Tournament (2000)

Soul Calibur II (2003)

Namco x Capcom (2005)

PLAYSTATION PORTABLE

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (2006)

References

Wikipedia - Heihachi Mishima

Stage of History - Heihachi Mishima

Tekken Zaibatsu

----------

And if no one else wants a Tekken character, I'll take Jin Kazama and Nina Williams.

Rose

CAPCOM

ocr4_mascot149.jpg

Rose’s appearance in Street Fighter Alpha is dictated by her as a representative for an unknown corporation, attempting to capture, contain or destroy villain M. Bison. It appears that they have some sort of connection between them as she participates as part of the Alpha Warriors.

Brandishing her tarot cards and a mysterious scarf she can wield to damage opponents, Rose’s character is one of spiritual balance. Inner strength built during fights allows Rose to use telepathic powers against her opponent, such as the projectile Soul Spark or absorption technique of Soul Reflect. The latter would add to her super meter if not hit back. A quick playing style that takes full advantage of the new Alpha engine (being a debut character) are combined with short ranged air and ground attacks.

Rose opposes abusal of power. Her desire to challenge and stop M. Bison from his tyranny is in her belief that the heavens will strike down on whoever wields the mystic power without good intentions. Throughout the Alpha series the link between Rose and her enemy is revealed...

Quote: “You may know your fists, but how well do you know your heart?”

Source:

Rose Wikipedia Page

Street Fighter Legends

Street Fighter Alpha Manual

Games that Rose has appeared in:

ARCADE

Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors’ Dreams (1995)

PLAYSTATION

Street Fighter Alpha II (1996)

Street Fighter Alpha III (1998)

I've got too much schoolwork to really contribute to this project right now. Sorry.

Don't worry about it. I'd like some kind of games appearances list under the bio though. But I can fix one myself. :)

ocr4_mascot146.jpg

I cannot find the words for how incredibly... wrong the above outfit looks on a male person. And, coincidentially... it looks a lot like the one below. Haha.

ocr4_mascot149.jpg

Jin Kazama

Namco

ocr4_mascot88.jpg

Bio

Flashing a focused, no-nonsense demeanor, Jin Kazama is a classically spirited martial artist who hasn't forgotten his familial strengths. Under intense training by his paternal grandfather, Heihachi Mishima, Jin executes Mishima-style crouching dashes, wide kicks, and opponent-juggling punches mixed with his prior-learned self-defense tactics. Meditative strolls through a forest bring calm to his soul, while his mind devours the precepts of his prophetic mother, Jun. At once he obeyed her last plea to seek his grandfather's aid, for she sensed a beastly evil approaching.

The entity, called Ogre, slew Jun Kazama shortly after Jin's fifteenth birthday. Heihachi proposed that his grandson fight in the King of Iron Fist tournament to lure the demon out in the open, to prove himself, and to exact revenge. Little does Jin know what Ogre is after, or what powers his shoulder tattoo hides...

Quote: "It is only a matter of time before I am completely overcome by the devil gene."

ARCADE

Tekken 3 (1997)

Tekken 4 (2001)

PLAYSTATION 2

Namco x Capcom (2005)

PLAYSTATION PORTABLE

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (2006)

References

Wikipedia - Jin Kazama

Fighters Generation - Jin Kazama

Tekken 3 Game Manual (PS)

Tekken Zaibatsu

Nina Williams

Namco

ocr4_mascot69.jpg

Bio

Hot bod, cold stare - the most common looks of Nina Williams. In the Tekken series, as well as her own spin-off title, Death by Degrees, the lithe assassin knows multiple ways to take down a man while wearing any sort of skin-tight suit. Grappling arm twists, body sweeps, and every kick imaginable put the drop on warriors and thugs alike, both in tournaments and underground fighting circuits. But one opponent refuses to yield: her younger sister, Anna.

Like any two siblings, Nina and Anna used to fight for parental love, especially from their father, an assassin and martial artist himself. But his cold murder forever split the sisters through blame, shame, and other intense emotions that only a grave visit can rile. Now, as if to prove who the better Williams daughter is, Nina and Anna compete as contract assassins, each of their targets - and encounters - deadlier than the last.

Quote: "Come on, baby. Show me what you've got."

ARCADE

Tekken (1994)

PLAYSTATION

Tekken 2 (1996)

PLAYSTATION 2

Death by Degrees (2005)

Tekken 5 (2005)

References

Wikipedia - Nina Williams

Fighters Generation - Nina Williams

Tekken Zaibatsu

Death by Degrees

----------

And what the hey, I'll take Roberto (135). Hopefully Instrument of GAWD will post Akira soon (or Sakura...).

Sakura wasn't dibbed by him in the first place, was she? If you want, you can do her.

... that came out wrong, didn't it :)

I dibbed Sakura, but Gawd wanted had intentions of doing her bio. Seeing as it's been a while.. I can get that done within the week. Only two days of exams left. :D