Original : unknown

copyright : Nintendo

Remixed by U-ji

Thank you.

U-ji as Yuji Masaki

U-ji's House NRG

http://www.hinocatv.ne.jp/~borro/house-nrg/

u-ji@mail.hinocatv.ne.jp

i would strongly recommend prospective remixes who work in dance genres to not submit full club-mix length remixes.

keep it at radio edits unless you're really good.

like, paul van dyk good. (:

the length brings this is over the 6 meg limit anyways.

it takes about 4 minutes to get to excite bike, and once we get there the use of the theme is ok,

but where's the beef? this is supposed to be hard trance!

there's supposed to be more going on to give this the NRG required to make me get up and dance

(or at least try to)

needs to be shorter yet more-er

no

OCR-Hosted NSF - Track 1

Yeah, Aaron's right. This was too plain and didn't bring the sheer power I expected from hard trance, though it was a decent effort. 3:07 had a synth come in that I thought would start off the source material, but didn't actually get into the second set of notes in the melody until 4:23.

Those SFX clips were pretty lame at the outset, but used very quietly in the background during the Excitebike melody they had their place. The usage of actual Excitebike material was over at 5:14.

The mix was too long with a whole bunch of meaningless (in the context of the guidelines) original material 7:18. Not even close to enough arrangement here. I was hoping that some of the synths involved here were meant to sound like when the player was riding the bike, but recalling the actual game, that's not true here.

Glad you're still submitting Yuji, but I'd rather listen to something of yours that very expressly deals with the source material you chose, like the brilliant Zillion 'MelodicTrance'.

NO

You get points for submitting an engrish submission e-mail. But, it's not enough to save this.

There are a handful of interesting synthetic ideas, like the stuttering bendy synth dealie. But like aaron said, there's no balls to it throughout most of the tune. When there's finally an actual chord progression, it's too short and meager to make up for the 90% of this mix that is generic OOMTSS.

Better luck next time.

NO

-D

I agree with what analoq said, this is most noteable in the intro parts of the mix. The first minute and half is just the same simple dance beat with some wierd voice fx that sounds like a chipmunk. I'm sorry, but this is not listenable outside the club. An ambient musician could in turn do a minute and half of one chord with some bird fx and use that as a justification. As I say a lot, there's a lot of fat here that could be trimmed, and not enough meat.

Finally at the three minute mark something more substantial happens. I want to hear this shortened, more ornamented with instruments/compositional ideas. I have to say though, this mix as a whole was put together and executed well, but the lack of substance here, repetitiveness of the beats and grossly long length of the mix just sink this for me.

NO