*NO* River City Ransom 'RCR Taiko Mix'

djpretzel

Name: DJ Mehk

Email: mekilla@cox.net

Hi i'm a newbie lol. Well I love RCR, and i'm not sure if this is remixed enough to be considered, but hopefully *crosses fingers*. I'm a constant listener of OCReMixes, and I love most of the stuff on your site. Anywho, if this even reaches your ears its good enough for me. Link is at the top. Thanks!

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/riverc~1.zip - Track 2

Watching Tuesday Night Fights on ESPN and I'm reviewing during a commercial. Very bland MIDI-grade sounds and relatively bland arrangement. Too many uncreative/boring sections where you just copied the melody verbatim. Very sparse; not much in the way of polyphony. The arrangement at least picked up in creativity from 1:21-1:53 & 2:18-2:49. Form letter material. Help comes in the form of the ReMixing y WIP forums.

NO

Nothing but two note flute chords a lot of the time, when another pitched instrument joins in, all of a sudden there is only one flute, when that pitched instrument leaves the second flute comes back. That drum solo was......... unique? Okay so there are NEVER more than 2 two notes played at any given time during the entire mix, the sounds are "midi-grade" as Liontamer said and it's also very close to the original.

n0

This is ridiculously minimal in execution, and very close to the original in arrangement. It just sounds completely unfinished. If you want to take this somewhere you have to first of all FILL IT IN.. and please put some processing on that flute! You have reverb on the taiko, the stick, but the flute is 100% mono and dry. Come on.

Weak in all areas. Hit the remixing forum and my tutorials.

NO