OCR TF2 Server - Anyone interested in trying out TF2 should join us!

Bahamut

Is it possible we could delete the arena maps off the server? Arena is where fun goes to die in TF2.

Maybe send a group of goons to the house of anyone who tries to vote for it anyway. You know, to make it long-lasting.

There are... ways... to make arena fun.

when do you guys normally play i've had a good amount of free time lately

9PM Eastern is when Baha usually hops on to kickstart the server. Sometimes one of us has the itch and does it a little earlier.

Assuming you're still in Japan, that'll be... 10AM for you. It generally runs for at least two hours, longer if the crowd is into it that night.

Is it possible we could delete the arena maps off the server? Arena is where fun goes to die in TF2.

Maybe send a group of goons to the house of anyone who tries to vote for it anyway. You know, to make it long-lasting.

Arena maps are NOT on the standard mapcycle. Every time you see an arena map pop up on the vote, it means that someone specifically nominated it.

Every time we play on an arena map, it means a majority of everyone voted for it.

There are... ways... to make arena fun.

I always like reading your plugins, Powerlord. Not everyone properly writes things out clearly and neatly, and the cvars are sometimes just mystery settings. Proper documentation is always appreciated.

As for the plugin itself, I haven't decided what I think about that.

Arena maps are NOT on the standard mapcycle. Every time you see an arena map pop up on the vote, it means that someone specifically nominated it.

Every time we play on an arena map, it means a majority of everyone voted for it.

Hm? It's set up so that arena maps pop up in the rotation just like normal ones.

Hm? It's set up so that arena maps pop up in the rotation just like normal ones.

Oh, woops. Yeah, my mistake. I was looking at the wrong file. Was looking at mapcycle.txt instead of maplist-voting.txt.

Should we take the arena maps off that list, though? It seems that only a few people are ever really interested in playing arena, and it tends to slow down the server a bit. They'd still be up for nomination, but they wouldn't pop up without being called for.

Oh, woops. Yeah, my mistake. I was looking at the wrong file. Was looking at mapcycle.txt instead of maplist-voting.txt.

Should we take the arena maps off that list, though? It seems that only a few people are ever really interested in playing arena, and it tends to slow down the server a bit. They'd still be up for nomination, but they wouldn't pop up without being called for.

Perhaps some could be ok.

Here are the arena maps on the server currently:

arena_badlands

arena_granary

arena_lumberyard

arena_nucleus

arena_offblast_final

arena_pokemon_b1

arena_ravine

arena_sawmill

arena_watchtower

arena_well

Which ones should we keep in the random-maps-that-appear-without-nominating list?

Perhaps some could be ok.

Here are the arena maps on the server currently:

arena_badlands

arena_granary

arena_lumberyard

arena_nucleus

arena_offblast_final

arena_pokemon_b1

arena_ravine

arena_sawmill

arena_watchtower

arena_well

Which ones should we keep in the random-maps-that-appear-without-nominating list?

Remove all, replace with arena_saw

arena_saw, arena_2fort, arena_balloonrace, arena_pacman.

Having played koth_saw,

2Fort arena edition isn't bad, I remember liking it back in the day. But all the pacman maps are horrifically optimized in my experience. Balloonrace I don't care either way.

In my opinion, all the 'arena editions' of regular maps should go. Arena is a unique experience as compared to all the other game modes, and the maps created specifically for it tend to be the most interesting.

9PM Eastern is when Baha usually hops on to kickstart the server. Sometimes one of us has the itch and does it a little earlier.

Assuming you're still in Japan, that'll be... 10AM for you. It generally runs for at least two hours, longer if the crowd is into it that night.

i am not still in japan so it'll still be 9pm haha.

i really should change my location

- Added UGC Highlander Season 9 and UGC 6vs6 Season 11 medals

- Fixed the Botkiller Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher and Spy Knife weapons using incorrect team materials for the arms

- Fixed a bug that allowed level 3 mini-sentries in Mann Vs. Machine mode

- Fixed a problem where underwater explosions would cause graphics corruption

- Fixed an issue with HDR rendering where auto-exposure would vary incorrectly in some areas

- Fixed an issue where objects underwater would not render properly

- Fixed incorrect ellipsizing of text in some cases for the Mac version

- Updated the Phlogistinator to reduce the rate for gaining MMMPH when attacking tanks and robots in Mann Vs. Machine mode

- Updated the Tuxxy tuxedo so it can be crafted

- Updated The Wilson Weave and The Ham Shank so they can be crafted, traded and gift-wrapped

- Updated the console so it can be accessed from the terminal that was used to run the game for the Linux and Mac versions

- Updated the Linux version

- Fixed triggers never registering as "released" on certain game controllers

- Fixed clipboard issues on some window managers, most notably KDE

- Fixed a bug where the map list would be reversed

- Made loading custom fonts for third party HUDs work on certain fonts

Huuuuupdating now.

I updated, then popped on the server to make sure it works. It seems to work okay, but I'll check again when the client updates.

I'm also not certain the update actually went through.

I assure you, I'm fully competent. I just don't know what I'm doing.

Client update was just pushed.

I like robocrates.

I assume because they'll have unique unusual effects for Unusual hats unboxed from them?

Sadly, they still have no key.

Of course, that doesn't rule out Valve doing another update on say... Thursday.

Edited by Powerlord

I assume because they'll have unique unusual effects for Unusual hats unboxed from them?

Sadly, they still have no key.

Of course, that doesn't rule out Valve doing another update on say... Thursday.

MAYBE. Got any RoboCrates you don't want? :D