OCR TF2 Server - Anyone interested in trying out TF2 should join us!

Bahamut

Double post because why would they wait until right now to release a new update:

We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The notes for the update are below. The new version is 1886191.

-Eric

--------------------------

- Fixed the Linux dedicated server failing to run on older Linux versions

- Fixed the HUD 3D Character causing other HUD items to sometimes disappear

- Fixed a client HUD crash when Spies disguise as class that has a non-active weapon like the Chargin' Targe

- Fixed an outdated tip for the Quick-Fix

- Fixed a shadow bug for the Warrior's Spirit

We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The notes for the update are below. The new version is 1893790.

-Eric

- Added the ability to double-click backpack items to use them in Chemistry Sets

- Fixed clients not always seeing a warning about using not-tradable items in Chemistry Sets

- Fixed not-tradable Strangifiers not applying the not-tradable status to the item they are used on

- Fixed the Gunslinger's taunt kill not counting towards taunt kills on a Strange Gunslinger

- Removed showing the Marked For Death icon over the head of the local player

- Fixed seeing stretched polygons in the HUD 3D Character

Server updating? I'm between computers right now though, and it seems to be taking a long time. I'll check on it in a bit.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=11396

Steam Trade Offers! Looks like you can send a pre-made trade offer to a friend, and they can choose to accept, decline, or counter-offer.

You don't have to be online or anything for it to work, even.

Hopefully this expands in the future to be allowed public, and to be able to browse open standing offers. Then I wouldn't have to add people to my friends list and actually talk to them. Talking to people is weird.

• 2 weeks later...
We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The notes for the update are below. The new version is 1913431.

-Eric

- Added a new tag "Halloween 2013" to the Steam Workshop publish UI

- Fixed the Flex target preview in the Steam Workshop item import tool

- Fixed The Professor's Pineapple not drawing correctly for players in DirectX8

- Updated the teamplay_round_win event to fill out the winreason and flagcaplimit fields

Note missed from Monday's update:

- Updated Sentry Busters in Mann vs. Machine mode to damage teammates when they explode

- Switched Windows clients to use SDL 2.0 for controller support which enables hot-plugging controllers and configuring them through Steam Big Picture settings

Server updated.

Wait, didn't they already? I know I've had my ass blown up by them before.

And man that Sticky Jumper update is completely anti-fun.

I believe they mean that the Sentry Busters will now damage their own teammates (enemy robots). Gamemaster says the explosion's actually pretty powerful, so I'm looking forward to seeing some shenanigans with Über Canteens.

Wait, didn't they already? I know I've had my ass blown up by them before.

And man that Sticky Jumper update is completely anti-fun.

I was slumming it in pubs in MvM last night and monday, and yes, it means blowing up other bots. It's pretty funny to see a giant heavy's medisquad get wiped out. It also gives an incentive to actually hit a sentry buster, as opposed to just letting the engineer tag it. ESPECIALLY in later waves, when bots just come in one constant stream (See: Any bigrock wave) and sentry busters will plow right through those. Wipe one out, get a breather.

As for the second one, I get where it's coming from. 3 or more either made him constantly 1v1 the skybox, or gave him such insane mobility that it was super unfun to play against.

We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The notes for the update are below. The new version is 1919763.

-Eric

- Strange misc-slot items that are tradable can now be listed on the Steam Community Market

- Updated The Bearded Bombardier and The Bolted Bombardier so they can be equipped with glasses

Community request:

- Added modelscale and SetModelScale input to Studiomodel so map authors can use them to scale models

Is this the first update to not update the localization files?

• 2 weeks later...
We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The notes for the update are below. The new version is 1933688.

-Eric

- Added the Fall 2013 Acorns Crate #72

- Added the Fall 2013 Gourd Crate #73

- Added a new promo item: The Grandmaster

- Fixed several bugs that would cause inconsistent behavior when switching between or modifying loadout presets

- Fixed a bug that would cause modifying (i.e., painting, renaming) an item to break loadout presets involving that item

- Fixed the Ubersaw taunt attack using the incorrect deathnotice image

- Fixed the Demoman charge sound being clipped by the weapon crit sound

- Fixed being able to incorrectly earn the Scout achievement "Retire the Runner" by killing a Heavy who had just eaten The Buffalo Steak Sandvich

- Updated Hardy Laurel for the Soldier and Engineer so it doesn't float on their heads

- Updated the Summer Shades and Professor Speks so they don't float in the air during Sniper taunts

- Updated Cp_Granary

- Added nobuild and clipping to fix exploits above the forward spawns

- Adjusted player shadows to reduce shadows casting through walls

- Skybox rendering fixes

Mooooore craaaaates