Interest in a Pokemon Gold/Silver album?

PixelPanic

The Missingno Tracks albums are strictly the core series. Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, Black and White 2, as well as the remakes.

If you want to do your own album, that is totally something that should happen. the series in general, spin-offs or not, could use more coverage. But it just won't be titled Missingno Tracks.

If you want to do your own album, that is totally something that should happen. the series in general, spin-offs or not, could use more coverage. But it just won't be titled Missingno Tracks.

I enjoy this idea and I would be interested in directing it, any objections?

I don't see how I could.

But I will warn you, directing an album isn't easy.

First, it's very easy to let things slide, and then you have to get everything back on track. If you're not constantly on it, you will find that a month can go by and oh shit, you haven't seen or heard anything all the time. A month is a lot of potential progress.

Second, it helps to be a musician yourself. Otherwise, you'll have all your remixers tired of answering your questions about terms and what a so-and-so is.

Third, it helps (but isn't required) if you're well known on the site, and maybe even a posted remixer yourself. It shows that you have ability, a proven history and enough name power to carry through.

Four, there are other project directors out there, as well as various judges and remixers that have been involved in projects, that you can ask for advice. I'd make use of them when you can.

Lastly, you have to be decisive. There were lots of times I hesitated over little things, and I still think about what could have been. My advice would be to make a choice and stand by it, even if you're still not sure about it. Don't be a dick, of course, but don't be afraid to pull some rank. A good second-in-command or co-director helps. They can be a board to bounce ideas off of, and can take over for a short while if you need to attend other things.

So yeah, go for it if you think you can do it. Even if OCR turns the album down for any reason, you can still do it outside of OCR. There are thousands of remixers out there to draw upon, from all over the world. Just keep on it, and it will eventually happen.

Good luck, and Arceus-speed.

Of course, I wouldn't dare shrug it off. Asking any of my friends would show that when I want something done, I get down to business. And yeah, I have a general knowledge of music production and a slightly more comprehensible knowledge of music theory, and anything I get caught off guard with couldn't be more than a google search away. That third part I don't have much of a way around that, except giving it time or something. Which I very well might do, because I actually have a lot of stuff coming up very soon, i.e. driving lessons, senior stuff, bigger work-weeks, etc., and I would never hesitate to ask for help, community is key! And I've gotten enough TV show morals to know when you let a broken machine work in your production line, you get broken products, cause/effect, yadda yadda. Letting people go on without even a slap of the wrist is irresponsible, and a broken tool cannot build.

I am going to spend maybe a week setting up the list of game/series needing representation, reviewing the OSTs, etc., so it won't be immediate, but I definitely want this to be a thing.